Thread: which unit

which unit

I'm looking to swap over to Garmin units.. which model would be best at the console and what transducer will be the choice for the South USA areas? I didn't realize they had different transducers so I assume the G52 is what I need.. also how well do they make out on the mapping.. my next issue is that I hardly fish any new water that I don't know so is the GPS that big of an issue or just preference .. I'm thinking about the Striker plus 9sv for the side vu at the wheel.
    1999 Sprint 277 Pro
    115 Mercury
    Lowrance Electronics

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Well, only you can determine if you want full blow maps with the EC+ unit or no maps with the Striker........i always get it with mapping cause of resale.....the areas i fish around here dont have anything mapped but stlll get maps.....as for transducers, if you want something to read on plane, id suggest getting the in hull/image combo like the GT8/GT30 combo, that way you can install the GT8 as a shoot thru and GT30 on jackplate. If you go with the GT52 you will need to mount it at the pad to get a 2d reading while on plane......

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/614252#box
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS