Thread: Basstrix

Basstrix

A couple years ago I bought a lot of basstrix and have kept them stored in original packages in plastic boxes in cabinets. I went to reload my Plano boxes of a couple colors and found the packages filled with an oily substance about a 1/16” deep in all packages. Are hey deteriorating?

Rest in Peace Buddy Poche - Bayou Bullet.
    I will miss you my dear friend.

2. Moderator
    I’ve got my storage stash box ported and on an old towel. The get oily sitting in the pack I’ve never had an issue with them other than it taking longer for super glue to dry when I glue them to the head.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
    A couple years ago I bought a lot of basstrix and have kept them stored in original packages in plastic boxes in cabinets. I went to reload my Plano boxes of a couple colors and found the packages filled with an oily substance about a 1/16” deep in all packages. Are hey deteriorating?
    Hate them for that reason. Have stopped using them. I keep the ones I still have in a separate box, but won't put them in my boat because they leak everywhere.

That is a bad side effect for those things.

5. Banned
    I've had some that have been 'soaking' since Steve Kennedy won throwing them at Clear Lake that year. You'll know which ones have been soaking the longest because that oil makes em squirm when You reach in the bag, heck, even the ones who've lost their eyes will still produce.

Just for shits and giggles, when/if it gets slow whilst fishing, put one as a trailer on the biggest jig in the box and then get in deep water and retrieve as s l o w as possible..