For the Beer drinking/Weight watching among us.

I've recently taken up a variant of the Keto diet. I am pretty happy with it. I am never hungry, yet have lost a bit over 20 lbs in three months. Slow and gradual seems to work. Every other diet I tried I gave up on quickly because I was always hungry.

Anyhow, I still enjoy a drink. Counting carbs is the major thing in this diet, so this List/Schedule might be helpful to some. It was for me. Looks like, amazingly, Miller Lite is the best of my normally available draft choices around here. Have fun.

http://draftmag.com/images/beeramid.jpg

2. Moderator
    I am also on keto and enjoy a drink or ten. I’ve been getting the michelob ultra gold. Lower carbs and still doesn’t taste bad

3. Member
    " and enjoy a drink or ten"...Ha Ha....that's the problem with something that we think is "good for us".

Sometimes we have two or three or more because....."It REALLY isn't that bad" Ha Ha

4. Member
    I went on a low carb diet and lost over 50 pounds. I drink very little beer. When I want one, I drink one. Don't worry about the carbs. I now mostly drink bourbon and coke zero, no carbs.

5. Member
    I might try this 'keto' thing. Sure could stand to lose some weight, BUT I am NOT drinking light beer of any kind.

I’ve lost 100 lbs in about a year and a half on keto. I drink Mich Ultra. Also, whiskey is 0 carb FYI. Obviously you’d have to drink it straight. If you’re a vodka person then Tito’s vodka with crystal light lemonade is 0 carbs as well.
    "I found the key to happiness, Fish more, Stress less"

7. Member
    Yep. Keto is the best diet I have ever heard of, expecially for carnivores.

8. Banned
    Interesting... But they don't list The High Life and have PBR listed twice with different info... Might give it a try, could always stand to lose a few... Dan

My favorite beer is LaBlatt Blue. Up until a year ago I was a Miller Lite guy, then I switched to Ultra Gold. My wife has drank Select 55 for a long time. A week ago I tried it, because of the carbs, it’s ok. I’m not giving up my bourbon tho.

I drink Natural Ice or Milwaukee's Best Ice, both have 4 carbs. I've only lost about 25 pounds since I started Dirty Keto on April 1, but I've gained 3 belt holes.

(606)305-1956

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    I am also on keto and enjoy a drink or ten. I’ve been getting the michelob ultra gold. Lower carbs and still doesn’t taste bad
    That's because it doesn't taste like anything lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

12. Moderator
    I swished it around in my mouth the other day and I’m pretty sure I caught a hint of beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    That's because it doesn't taste like anything lol

13. Member
    I swished it around in my mouth the other day and I’m pretty sure I caught a hint of beer.
    Lol...a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

15. Banned
    Vodka and seltzer water works too.

16. Member
    Vodka with flavored water. Some the flavors are awesome. I like mango.

Seltzer with an ounce of real beer = light beer. I'd rather just have one good beer, vs. 3 light beers.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Seltzer with an ounce of real beer = light beer. I'd rather just have one good beer, vs. 3 light beers.
    I lost 30 pounds in two months on an auto immune or paleo diet. It was rough at first, it felt like I couldn’t eat anything. I’m slowly going back to some foods like wheat and rice but stay away from night shades, processed sugars etc. I hover just under 215lbs now and am maintaining. I can drink all the good bear I want and not gain any weight. I stay away from the carbs for the most part and have a drink or 6 when I want.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

Quote Originally Posted by trueangla View Post
    Vodka with flavored water. Some the flavors are awesome. I like mango.
    Good idea.

20. Member
    There are a couple new ipas that are low carb and good. Daylight ipa has less then 5 carbs. I just try to eat zero carbs during the day so I can have my good old craft beer. Priorities.....i dont miss eating carbs at all though. Used to love potatoes and really dont miss em. Watching the weight fall of and the way my stomach feels without them is worth it