All these new ceramic coatings?

produxa, shine armor, car pro, f11, shield one, and etc, and a dozen others. Is this stuff for real? How can you shine clear coat ? Does it really protect from all the crap that they state? I have a pretty nice truck, what is this gonna do for me? They ain't got me yet.
    Last edited by quixtr; 05-25-2019 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quixtr View Post
    produxa, shine armor, car pro, f11, shield one, and etc, and a dozen others. Is this stuff for real? How can you shine clear coat ? Does it really protect from all the crap that they state? I have a pretty nice truck, what is this gonna do for me? They ain't got me yet.
    FB a place called Detail Specialties in Lake Havasu City AZ. He's been doing it for years, travels to train guys, etc. He does IGL, boats, cars and planes. He's done rigs that are half a million plus. I've had one vehicle done, just shipped my truck back to the mainland last week. It's going to his shop and a PDR place before it gets trucked down to Texas. If you have a good installer it will last, not all coatings are the same, and pay attention to the warranty. Its all in the prep work, if you have a lazy installer, you won't have good results.

https://www.facebook.com/grinersdetailspecialties1/

3. Member
    had a buddy do it to his car. Looks amazing. Labor intensive.

4. Member
    I've ceramic coated my vehicles using cquartz 3.0. Applying it is fairly easy, but as stated, prep work is the grunt work. I detail as a side business. Ceramic coating is no miracle end all to scratches by any means, but it is worth the time and investment. It doesn't necessarily "shine" the clear coat, it is a coating put on top of the clear coat. It is designed to adhere to the clear coat and nothing else, which is why prep work is key to it working properly. Without a clean surface, it does no good basically. Now there is some new spray on types of ceramic coating that I've seen, but no clue how well they work.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno 615 View Post
    I've ceramic coated my vehicles using cquartz 3.0. Applying it is fairly easy, but as stated, prep work is the grunt work. I detail as a side business. Ceramic coating is no miracle end all to scratches by any means, but it is worth the time and investment. It doesn't necessarily "shine" the clear coat, it is a coating put on top of the clear coat. It is designed to adhere to the clear coat and nothing else, which is why prep work is key to it working properly. Without a clean surface, it does no good basically. Now there is some new spray on types of ceramic coating that I've seen, but no clue how well they work.
    Is clay barring the vehicle sufficient for prep work? I'm wanting to try this stuff on my '18 black f150.

6. Member
    It would probably be sufficient, but if it were me, I would buff the entire truck with swirl remover after. Black is such a difficult color to perfect. But if you are going to only clay bar, I would definitely recommend wiping the paint down with an alcohol mixture after clay barring. You want to remove all the contaminants and oils from the paint.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Is clay barring the vehicle sufficient for prep work? I'm wanting to try this stuff on my '18 black f150.

Generally, it is applied after a full paint correction. I like to give the vehicle a complete detail (interior, even though it has no bearing on the exterior), clay bar and polish/paint correction prior to application. The better the surface before the application, the better it will look.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno 615 View Post
    It would probably be sufficient, but if it were me, I would buff the entire truck with swirl remover after. Black is such a difficult color to perfect. But if you are going to only clay bar, I would definitely recommend wiping the paint down with an alcohol mixture after clay barring. You want to remove all the contaminants and oils from the paint.
    What swirl remover do you recommend?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    What swirl remover do you recommend?
    I've had good luck using the meguiar's swirl remover 2.0. It works well and can be found at O'reilly's and Autozone.

10. Member
    Thanks!

11. Member
    I've just started using DPC products and am really impressed with them. https://luxurymicrofiberstore.com.
    There's several you tube videos.

12. Member
    Sure is a lot of touting clean your car in 1/3 of the time, spray it on and wipe it off. Umhum right

13. Member
    Sure is a lot of touting clean your car in 1/3 of the time, spray it on and wipe it off. Umhum right
    That's all I usually have to do to my wifes black accord. This past pollen season the people she works woth accused her of washing everyday. She just rinsed it off each morning. We're surrounded trees so you have to at least do the windshield just to see.

14. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Anyone ever try a product called Cilajet?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

The link I posted above has a post (pinned) about the Mohave County Sheriffs office boats being done, the lake grime washed off with no effort 6 months later. I'm always a skeptic but the IGL stuff is legit.

16. Member
    I’ve heard of these ceramic costing being applied to windshields too?