Does Anybody Else Watch Jeremy Wade's shows on Animal Planet channel?

The new "Dark Waters" shows are more interesting to me than the previous series "River Monsters", tho some of those were cool also...I liked the one noodling for catfish in Oklahoma on "River Monsters".
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Well I scheduled it for recording, haven't watched it yet. If I recall this episode is about pike fishing in Ireland and Sweden, looking for the Big One.

I was actually going to watch it yesterday, but started watching "Gold Rush / Parkers Trail" - which normally I could not care less about - but the people of Papua New Guinea are just fascinating.
    What a resilient, clever, remarkable people they are.

Watched it last night, pike fishing first in Ireland then Sweden. Supposedly there were monster pike in Ireland, recorded up to 90 lbs. but it appears that genetically unique strain has been wiped out. So he went to Sweden in the hope of catching one there - long story short, he caught a few pike, one was a decent one that weighed about 15 lbs. Should've gone to Cananda.

Seems to be some degree of fake reality show stuff going on. When he caught the first pike in Ireland, it showed him fighting it on a bait caster, then a spinning set up, kinda flashed between the two setups during the fight. The whole thing about randomly finding guides to fish with was bogus also. But not a bad show all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post

Seems to be some degree of fake reality show stuff going on. When he caught the first pike in Ireland, it showed him fighting it on a bait caster, then a spinning set up, kinda flashed between the two setups during the fight. The whole thing about randomly finding guides to fish with was bogus also. But not a bad show all in all.
    I saw this and pointed it out to the Mrs last night. We watched his first show and now this one. Seems like it's a little to staged. But he has a way of selling a story for sure.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Before River Monsters, I never knew musky fishing was so dangerous.

Good entertainment, in some exotic locations. Sometimes a little over-dramatized, though.