2019 x18 chine walk

Hey guys I just purchased last week an x18 with a 150 evinrude HO paired with a 10” manual jackplate along with other extras. Has a 4 blade rx4 evinrude prop on it. The dealer set the jack plate about half way up after a couple adjustments. The dealer couldn’t get it over 50 mph without losing control with a BAD chine walk. Now keep in mind this was with about 1/8 of a tank of gas and no gear. I’ve only had the boat a week and haven’t had it in calm enough water to run it above 50 mph due to the white caps on the lake I ran it in lol.
    Anyway, the dealer says that I can send it back to xpress for them to modify the welds on the transom to hull welds so that it won’t chine walk as bad. Anyone else had this problem?

If your etec has the dps midsection youre running waaaay too much jackplate. Thats the equivalent of like a 14” jackplate. Youll want no more than 6”

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    Prop to pad? Start at 3.5" and see what happens.if yours is more than 4 they will be hard to control. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Banned
    "4.5 prop shaft to pad for starters

5. Member
    Thanks guys. I’ve still yet to run it under a full load and gas etc. the dealer has been test running it changing props and jack plates to make it safe to drive

Be sure to update us

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

I ran 12" jackplate on my 18ft Xpress with no issues. Motor too low will make it un-drivable at higher speeds too. Put a good worked 4 blade trophy plus on it and that will help tame it down a little. More seat time will be your only way to drive that boat to WOT without washing the letters off the side.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

The g2 has 6” setback built in so take that into account

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Be sure to update us
    Thanks guys I appreciate the advice. I'm being told by the dealer that xpress will fix the issue by adding more weld to the bottom to transom weld under warranty. I'll just have to send her off for a few weeks..

10. Member
    Thank you Ive had a couple guys recommend adjusting the jack plate up. I'm gonna have my dealer do it lol but hopefully I wont have to have xpress put more weld on the bottom to transom weld to add more hook

Quote Originally Posted by meauxjo View Post
    Thank you Ive had a couple guys recommend adjusting the jack plate up. I'm gonna have my dealer do it lol but hopefully I wont have to have xpress put more weld on the bottom to transom weld to add more hook
    It doesn't take much. You only need about a 1/8" bead on 1 step on each side. Any higher than 1/8" and the boat will not get on pad, the nose will be glued to the water with no lift.
    Xpress X19/200SHO