Testing injector pulse

Is there a way to test for injector pulse coming from ecu on a 200 EFI? I've read about ohm testing harness for the injectors but I believe my driver is bad and want to verify before sending box out for rebuild.

noid light
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    If there is anyone in your area with the old Mercury electronic fuel injection tester 91- 11001A2 you can connect it up and it has a test to pulse the individual injector pairs . You can hear them firing inside the plenum when conducting the test . Otherwise your can use a DVA meter to read the injector pulse signals at the 4 pin injector plug connector . Should read 25-60 volts at the white , blue , and yellow wires referenced to battery positive .

4. Member
    Thanks. I seen that tester would work but don't know anyone that has one.

5. Member
    You can get an injector pulse tester off EBAY for 28 bucks w/free shipping

6. Member
    Update!!!
    Found ground wire behind switch boxes left loose when guy put power head back on. It runs back into main ecu harness plug.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Service Manual shows details on how to test ECU Injector Driver Output utilizing a DVA (Direct Voltage Adapter).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor