About to Order...Need help

About to order soon....got 2 questions....

1. Anybody out there got pics of the black(midnight oil metallic) boat(doesn't matter which boat) with polyurea flooring? Torn between the White or black boat color but know I want the Polyurea flooring.

2. Saw previous post about problems with trailer bunks....has Vexus commented on a design fix or solution for this?

Thanks for the help

2. Member
    Can’t help with question #1, but on #2 - Vexus and the dealer (Bay Marine) plan to replace the carpeting on all 4 bunks & maybe and extra layer of carpet at the back where the damage is being done. Then they will put a hard plastic skid on each bunk at the very back where the damage is being done. Bay Marine called late last week, and they have the materials from Vexus to get the work done. If all goes as planned I will drive down one day next week (maybe Tuesday) and get it fixed. If I have misrepresented what they do to fix it, I will report back. I’ll probably report back in the original post with photos anyway. Bay Marine working with Vexus has been very professional all during the process. Duct tape keeps it protected in the mean time, with occasional reapplying tape.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 05-24-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

3. Member
    Which boat are you ordering? A CC?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Can’t help with question #1, but on #2 - Vexus and the dealer (Bay Marine) plan to replace the carpeting on all 4 bunks & maybe and extra layer of carpet at the back where the damage is being done. Then they will put a hard plastic skid on each bunk at the very back where the damage is being done. Bay Marine called late last week, and they have the materials from Vexus to get the work done. If all goes as planned I will drive down one day next week (maybe Tuesday) and get it fixed. If I have misrepresented what they do to fix it, I will report back. I’ll probably report back in the original post with photos anyway. Bay Marine working with Vexus has been very professional all during the process. Duct tape keeps it protected in the mean time, with occasional reapplying tape.
    Sounds like a temporary fix.

5. Member
    Having to bandaid the bunks on a brand new boat design? Isn’t their claim to fame that they took some of Rangers guys?

6. Member
    1980 or 2080 Haven’t decided yet. Going polyurea flooring and may add Seadek to the front deck after purchase. Think that might be the best of both worlds.

7. Member
    You could call them to see if they can help you find pics or swatches, or tell you what color options are available. I would. Without enough marketing material out yet, it can be tough to find.
    I walked the inshore Vexus in their lineup that had the poly and it was white with black speckle, obviously very textured/bumpy for traction. It looked professional/aesthetically fine. You can see that on their website, or search for a video of that particular model...they come default with the poly decking.

or me the feel was very hard/durable feeling, and I found I prefer the plush feel of the carpet. I also feel it will be more slippery when wet, even though it's designed for it, I'd personally just feel better if I were in a center console where I stood in a well, rather than up on that front deck on one foot on a trolling motor ;) I'd end up getting seadek or something on top...and at that point, why not carpet :)

This thread covers white and grey, both look good:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=218
    Last edited by geekfishing; 05-26-2019 at 02:27 PM.

8. Member
    Thanks Guys. I’ve seen the white boat with the polyurea flooring. Sharp rig Kbreaux has posted pics of on this forum. I like the white. I’m just partial to the darker colors and I’m sure it would look great as well. Sharp Quality Rigs either way from what I can tell. No boat can suit every need for everyone all of the time but I think the Vexus will suit my needs the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Having to bandaid the bunks on a brand new boat design? Isn’t their claim to fame that they took some of Rangers guys?
    Hence the band aids?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector