Safety chain needed!!!

Noticed my new to me 618 is missing its safety chain, i would like a newer cable style instead of chain, anyone know where to buy a new one for a dexter trailer?

Thanks

2. Member
    I’d stick with chains. Those coiled cables aren’t nearly as strong and do nothing to keep the tongue from slamming into the pavement if it comes loose.

Under no circumstance should you tow it without them. Not only is it illegal it’s also extremely dangerous.

3. Member
    Thanks for your input looking for this setup
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Ahhh the boat safety strap - that makes more sense :)

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Thanks again Drewtick!

7. Member
    You might to want to try a turnbuckle instead of a safety chain, especially if you travel a lot to different ramps. You can buy them at Lowe's or Home Depot. I had one on my Basscat puma trailer and it is a rock solid way of holding your bow down to the roller. If you launch at some steeper ramps you might want the cable because it gives you a little slack to bump it off the trailer and still be attached. Really helpful when you launch by yourself.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbasser 52 View Post
    You might to want to try a turnbuckle instead of a safety chain, especially if you travel a lot to different ramps. You can buy them at Lowe's or Home Depot. I had one on my Basscat puma trailer and it is a rock solid way of holding your bow down to the roller. If you launch at some steeper ramps you might want the cable because it gives you a little slack to bump it off the trailer and still be attached. Really helpful when you launch by yourself.
    I've done a turnbuckle, it sucked.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO