Z18...is there a cable chase to run wires

Hey experts,

I have a 2016 z18. I want to run wires from the battery compartment up to the console as I want to mount a second Lowrance that I'm going to use for a dedicated GPS/Map.

Is there a cable chase or how do i run wires up to the console???

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Member
    On most boats it is hollow along the gunnel or wall. You need to buy a little fiberglass rod they sell at home depot for running cables, tape the end of your cable to it and just start it in there and feel around until you feel it go through and then pull the cable through. Usually it is near the top of the space that it will go through.
    Johnnyboydan
    Triton 185 Merc 150

3. Member
    Pretty easy to run the gunnel with a fish tape. Or even a coat hanger

4. Member
    It might not be fun but isn't real hard to do. It helps to unscrew the shift lever, move it away from the gunnel and run your wires that far first and then up thru the hole under the console that has all the rest of the wires in it
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    It’s rather easy my issue on my z21 is the access point for the wires that feed the console area is crammed with no room especially if you try to pull a plug end through
    Nitro z21

6. Member
    And when you do this, take a small rope and pull it thru with the new cable. I use the smallest parachute chord. This way if you ever need to pull something else thru, you have the chord there already.
    If the thunder don't getcha, the lightning will.

7. Member
    I purchased the wire puller in this link and it has been a great help in rigging my new Z20. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used my trucks antenna to fish some 8gauge wires for livescope
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    Jeff

If your mounting this unit for the gps only, why do you need wires ran? Grab power at the console accessory or at same point as your current graph under console.

10. Member
    Thanks I fish 4 Bass....I didn't think to look under the console to see if I had available slots (which I did), so I just connected to the open +/-. Got a new RAM mount, tested everything and it works as expected.

11. Member
    Tight lines flyguy