Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

At least a little bit of encouragement for Patoka...

So this past weekend was just fantastic for me at the Dead Sea.. Saturday me and pops had our little club tournament and won with 18 and change along with big fish of 5.30. Sunday me and my little brother won the USA Bassin megabucks with 24.12 and had big fish of 6.54. That’s my biggest 5 fish stringer to date up there.

What encourages more than anything though was the numbers and size of the keepers we caught. We probably caught 10 keepers Saturday and at least 15 Sunday. The best part is many of those were just 15”-17” fish. That’s the size fish that I really thought we were missing in that lake. There were a lot that size weighed in too. Hopefully that’s a good sign of things to come for that lake. I know we need all the good news we can get up there.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    So this past weekend was just fantastic for me at the Dead Sea.. Saturday me and pops had our little club tournament and won with 18 and change along with big fish of 5.30. Sunday me and my little brother won the USA Bassin megabucks with 24.12 and had big fish of 6.54. That’s my biggest 5 fish stringer to date up there.

What encourages more than anything though was the numbers and size of the keepers we caught. We probably caught 10 keepers Saturday and at least 15 Sunday. The best part is many of those were just 15”-17” fish. That’s the size fish that I really thought we were missing in that lake. There were a lot that size weighed in too. Hopefully that’s a good sign of things to come for that lake. I know we need all the good news we can get up there.
    Congrats man!!

3. Member
    Congratulation Tom over 42lbs in 2 days. damn good job

4. Member
    Congrats!! How did the rest of the field fair?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    Congrats!! How did the rest of the field fair?
    Thanks guys. The USA bassin had another 20lb bag with a one over 6lb. There was another bag over 16. I think everyone caught fish. I know some guys just threw theirs back and not weighed, but I’m pretty sure everyone had fish. Same with our club. Everyone had some fish. The lake is fishing much much better than now than just a few weeks back. Hope it continues.

What changed? Good news tho

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    What changed? Good news tho
    Just got done spawning is my theory. I think the fish were spawning when we were struggling so bad up there. I think they were spawning down Around that old bank line in 6 to 7 feet of water. With the color of the water you just couldn’t see them. Now most all of the them are post spawn and they’re starting to feed. That’s my opinion on things anyway. Like to see what others think.

Just got done spawning is my theory. I think the fish were spawning when we were struggling so bad up there. I think they were spawning down Around that old bank line in 6 to 7 feet of water. With the color of the water you just couldn’t see them. Now most all of the them are post spawn and they’re starting to feed. That’s my opinion on things anyway. Like to see what others think.
    Makes sense to me. Glad to here you found them

Congrats Tom, helluva weekend!!
    Nice hearing you caught that many keepers, good news.

I'm guessing you're right about what was happening down there the past month. They're post spawn up here on Monroe as well and pulling out. Schools of tiny bass fry were everywhere last night.

10. Member
    I’m sure I will still blank there.

11. Member
    Must be really good for everyone down there now , because I caught a limit and lost another limit of keepers Monday.
    Had 6 shorts also.
    Only had about 13lb tho. Cant find many big fish. But after 8 days there this spring without a keeper and only a couple shorts, it felt great.

Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    Must be really good for everyone down there now , because I caught a limit and lost another limit of keepers Monday.
    Had 6 shorts also.
    Only had about 13lb tho. Cant find many big fish. But after 8 days there this spring without a keeper and only a couple shorts, it felt great.
    Somebody slap Russell and wake him up. He's having the dream where he catches fish at Patoka again.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

13. Banned
    Had 6 shorts also.
    Don’t fret. Won’t be long all those make fry guarders will be offshore with the big girls, and it will turn tough again. Enjoy it while you can. Lol

14. Member
    I caught all mine 15-20 deep. Never caught a fish in the bushes. Couldn’t find any shallow where I was fishing.

15. Member
    Steve, that’s why I said it must be on for everyone.
    I know I can’t fish and still caught them.

16. Banned
    I caught all mine 15-20 deep. Never caught a fish in the bushes. Couldn’t find any shallow where I was fishing.
    Interesting. Been a week since I’ve been there, but I couldn’t find any out there then. I’ll for sure be looking now. Once they start to move it sure doesn’t take long.

17. Member
    Interesting. Been a week since I’ve been there, but I couldn’t find any out there then. I’ll for sure be looking now. Once they start to move it sure doesn’t take long.
    I’ll be on the lake all day tomorrow, curious what I find......

18. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I’ll be on the lake all day tomorrow, curious what I find......
    Hope you catch them Robert. Let us know how you did. I'd still like to come down there for a few days. Normally by now, I have fished Patoka, but not this year. I love that lake, I sure wish it would come back.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Hope you catch them Robert. Let us know how you did. I'd still like to come down there for a few days. Normally by now, I have fished Patoka, but not this year. I love that lake, I sure wish it would come back.
    I had a great day on Friday Bill, I was pre-fishing for Saturdays tournament............I shook off 6-8 good fish in the first hour and hooked one by accident, it turned out to be just under 5lbs. Saturday was different but not all that bad, I ended up with two good fish but should've had four, mistakes on my part cost me two good fish.

20. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Thanks for the report Robert. We may just shoot down there for a few days soon.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast