Any fishing charters near LA

Hey guys, I’ll be in the Los Angeles area in June for a few weeks for my sons surgery and was wondering if you guys know any good charters or people to fish with for bass on a lake?
    I think Castaic Lake is an hour away so that would be ideal.

2. Member
    If you let me know when you will be out, I would be more than happy to take you on my boat for the day. Have all the tackle you'll need. The only thing to bring is you & patience,lol
    I am also Canadian (Windsor, Ontario) & lived in Detroit in the 70's used to fish woodland & Crooked lakes in Brighton, Michigan. Fishing isn't even close to what your used to back east, but it's still a day on the water & a sliom chance of catching a monster bass. But mostly the lakes are living on there 70/80's reputation. If you really want to experience California fishing & smile, salt water is the way to go.
    BUt if you just want a day on a Historical big bass lake without spending your plane fair home, I most likely can handle that for you. If you got the extra cash, Dave is your best bet to better your chance for a big fish, or even just fish. Castaic is a hard lake to have success on, over 300 feet deep & not the numbers you would be used to. Only problem I might have is I will be moving into a new house between June 19th & June 23rd. But still might be able to pull it off even on those dates since im moving out towards the lake & need to bring the boat out there one of those days anyway. Let me know
    Robert

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    I’m going to pm you for some more details....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruudawg View Post
    If you let me know when you will be out, I would be more than happy to take you on my boat for the day. Have all the tackle you'll need. The only thing to bring is you & patience,lol
    I am also Canadian (Windsor, Ontario) & lived in Detroit in the 70's used to fish woodland & Crooked lakes in Brighton, Michigan. Fishing isn't even close to what your used to back east, but it's still a day on the water & a sliom chance of catching a monster bass. But mostly the lakes are living on there 70/80's reputation. If you really want to experience California fishing & smile, salt water is the way to go.
    BUt if you just want a day on a Historical big bass lake without spending your plane fair home, I most likely can handle that for you. If you got the extra cash, Dave is your best bet to better your chance for a big fish, or even just fish. Castaic is a hard lake to have success on, over 300 feet deep & not the numbers you would be used to. Only problem I might have is I will be moving into a new house between June 19th & June 23rd. But still might be able to pull it off even on those dates since im moving out towards the lake & need to bring the boat out there one of those days anyway. Let me know
    Robert
    wow thank you so much for the offer, that’s very generous of you.
    After this trip, the cost of my sons surgery would be close to $130,000 Canadian.
    A price any loving parent would easily pay if they could.
    And my wife’s from Michigan, I visit there once a month and love the fishing there.
    I won’t know the exact day I’ll be available because I want to make sure my son is 100% before taking a half day off but I can definitely let you know while I’m there.

thank you very much

5. Member
    Sounds like you need a break! Sorry about your son & hope everything works out well with your visit. I'm not being generous really, it's what & how people should be. The pleasure is all mine.
    My boat is a 1986 Champion Mean 15 (15'6") 1986 Mercury 90hp Tower of Power & pushes the boat along @ 41mph. 24v/12v Mercury Thruster R28 trolling motor (completely rebuilt) with 2 new Garmin Echomap73sv side view/down view/clear view front & back.
    New carpet & not a nick in the hull. Spent a year restoring her & love taking people fishing on it.
    As I said Dave will give you a better chance @ better fish, but if you just want to go for a relaxing day & the chance for a big fish I would be more than happy
    310-497-8158
    Robert

6. Member
    cant open any pm messages