Thread: Which map card?

Which map card?

Got a new helix 9 si for the boat and my old navionics card is the std SD size and this unit takes a mini, so now I have to buy one. I fish in KY, IN and Ohio with a trip to MI every year. Also can I download the maps to my unit or do I need the card?
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

IF you're sure it's a straight SD card and not an SD adapter w/micro in it, only thing I can think of if there's such a thing as an SD-to-micro adaptor, which I'm guessing would involve a short cord. The card IS how the unit gets the data. Used to load my old Garmin 162s from CD on computer to the unit via cable - those days are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bnt55 View Post
    Got a new helix 9 si for the boat and my old navionics card is the std SD size and this unit takes a mini, so now I have to buy one. I fish in KY, IN and Ohio with a trip to MI every year. Also can I download the maps to my unit or do I need the card?
    No you cannot download Navionics maps to the unit's memory.
    Yes the G3N Helix 9's have dual microSD readers.

All Navionics map cards are microSD since 2010 and come with an SD adapter. If you old card is black with E6 on it, that has a microSD card in it.

Your Helix will also read Lakemaster mapping, may want to check if they have the coverage you need. Their maps designated as Lakemaster High Definition Survey* are very good.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Your Helix will also read Lakemaster mapping, may want to check if they have the coverage you need. Their maps designated as Lakemaster High Definition Survey* are very good.
    The best in my opinion.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No you cannot download Navionics maps to the unit's memory.
    Yes the G3N Helix 9's have dual microSD readers.

All Navionics map cards are microSD since 2010 and come with an SD adapter. If you old card is black with E6 on it, that has a microSD card in it.

Wayne YOU are a genius, it did have a microSD in the card so now I have a map on the helix! I'll look into the Lakemaster cards
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

6. Member
    The Lakemaster Plus with Aerial Imagery is an awesome card. It has a Google Earth like view of the lake surroundings. I can see pad fields when zoomed in on my Helix 10. I believe version 3.0 is the newest version on the card.
    Brad Krone