Spare Tire Mounting

Going fishing this morning and as I crossed a small bridge heard something "slap". Not loud at all, just different. Went 1/4 mile or so down the road and a lady passed me and started pointing to my trailer. We pulled over and checked hub temps, tire condition, etc, noticed nothing. When I got to the lake, I checked everything again to see if I could figure out what the excitement was all about. Oh My, the spare tire mounted on the starboard side was GONE! Tire, mount, everything, guess bolts broke. Found the tire and what's left of the mount on the way home (used all my luck finding the tire, none used fishing!).

So, looking for advice and recommendations on spare tire mounts for use on ST205/75-14.

Thanks, Bill
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

There's not a lot of variation. Can you just use your old one with some new hardware?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Same thing happened to a friend a couple weeks ago. He found a new carrier at Tractor Supply.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    I carry mine on the back seat floor in my truck. Only have it there when the boat is in tow.

5. Member
    Ok, thanks guys. I have a Retrax bed cover on my truck, maybe I'll just lock it up in the truck bed.
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

Keep mine under the flat lid in the truck bed. Too many people too cheap to buy their own.

7. Member
    Yep, I just throw them in the back of the bed when I’m towing the boat.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

8. Member
    Use nylon locking nuts when you reassemble. It could be somebody else wanted your spare on a previous trip, but didn't finish the job.