Imx Pro vs Champion Extreme

Hello! Looking for some opinions on the spinning models between these two? Hows the actions, build quality and sensitivity if these models? Thanks for your help!!

2. Member
    I’d be interested in this info as well. Casting and spinning rods. Everywhere I look seems to report conflicting reviews on Dobyn’s sensitivity. I have a few of the champion xp line of rods and I feel like I’m missing out on a lot of sensitivity with them compared to other rods. However, to be fair, I don’t have a lot of other rods from
    other brands to compare them. I’m reluctant to move up in to the extreme line if the sensitivity isn’t much of an upgrade to justify the price increase over the champion line.

Fish an IMX PRO and just see the difference for yourself. Weight, sensitivity, and actions are spot on.
    IMHO, then again I am biased a bit. Kidding aside I have two die hard team partners who have switched this year and I now have to pay attentuon which rods leave my boat when they do! Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

The Champion Extremes are MUCH more sensitive than the Champions. Almost night and day to me. The actions also are more crisp and build quality is noticeable. The DX703 is a dream for shakey heads, and wacky rigs. Cannot comment on an imx as I've never fished one. Only fished one Loomis. Nrx 873. Sold it after a few months.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

5. Member
    The build quality on the Dobyns is great. The rods feel completely solid when using them, and fighting large fish. The sensitivity on the extremes is excellent, the balance is just about perfect. I don't own any G Loomis rods, but I've used many other brands and so far I am happiest with the performance of the Dobyns. Fwiw, I've purchase a few of the Xtasy line too, and all I can say is wow when it comes to the sensitivity.

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies!! Going to go with the Dobyns.