Patoka holiday weekend bloopers!

One of my all time favorite things to do at Patoka during holiday weekends is to stake out a claim at the Newton Stewart south shelter house, fire up the grill, beverages on ice then set back in the shade and watch the inevitable chaos, let the games begin

I was thinking about sitting out by the 145 causeway and watching people who mis-judged the height of their boats try to get under the bridge.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    I was thinking about sitting out by the 145 causeway and watching people who mis-judged the height of their boats try to get under the bridge.
    I forgot about that one

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    Be lucky if somebody doesn’t severely hurt themselves on that bridge this week. Someone is certainly going to tear something up on it.

5. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    That would be a great place to watch the action Robert! We go down to Brookville Lake and watch from one of the busier ramps. Its always great fun. I've found if you get down there around 2pm, that's the best time. Lots of folks trying to launch are drunk, lots of folks trying to get their boats out of the water are drunk. Great combination!
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

6. Member
    I watched a lady smash the dock 4 times really hard last Saturday with a brand spanking new 21’ Phoenix. Thought she was gonna kill her husband trying to get him dropped off on the dock.

I just go fish the little lakes up here on this weekend. Lot of lakes that don't get much pressure.

Of course with the weather prediction, I'm thinking of fishing mississenwa first thing in the morning and coming home by about 10. Afternoons on holiday weekends just get stupid with all the people drinking and skiing, tubing, and not understanding that not everything dangerous is marked. Saw people last year pulling a tube in a cove with a bunch of stumps. They hit one, and then keep right on pulling a kid around. Always just pray the kids don't get hurt.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere