Tatula CT vs normal Tatula

I’ve searched but come up with nothing any good. Also looked at specs on TW and can’t find a difference other than color and price. Anyone know the difference. Hate to spend 130 on one when there’s a way better reel for 30-40 more.

CT has a smaller profile/size than the OG Tatula. I use and love both, but the CT seems to do a bit better when using it with finesse or skipping applications. Might just be the particular ones I have, so that might not be accurate of them all. Overall besides the size difference they perform very similar.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Banned
    You have the OG Tat, the Tat CT, and the new Tat100. Which 2 are you comparing?

The OG Tat and the CT are the same reel in all regards but size. The CT being more compact obviously. Daiwa simply changed up some external measurements to fit same internals as the regular OG Tat. There is confusion from some that think the CT is a finesse reel when in reality it is not. Its simply a smaller reel.

5. Member
    whats way better than a Tatula CT for 30-40 more?
    Quote Originally Posted by mfordz20 View Post
    I’ve searched but come up with nothing any good. Also looked at specs on TW and can’t find a difference other than color and price. Anyone know the difference. Hate to spend 130 on one when there’s a way better reel for 30-40 more.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

Original Tat has a aluminum side plate , gear side. CT an new 100 , graphite.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    whats way better than a Tatula CT for 30-40 more?
    I assume he’s talking about the Tatula SV but idk. Btw, I’d check with some board sponsors before getting any Daiwa stuff from Tackle Warehouse. I’m almost certain you’ll be glad you did.

8. Member
    There is a wide variety of Tatula reels. The OG and the CT both have a type R version. There is also a yellow type R Tatula, probably a JDM version.

the newest is the Tatula 100, smaller than the other two. Flat black finish.

There is a Tatula SV with the SV spool.

and a Tatula Coastal, it’s blue with a deep spool and big foam handle knobs.

The Zillion TWS is based on the Tatula with some upgrades.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak