Little boat in corner

Did the one and a half circle thing and came out at 98%,the livescope ducer is aimed straight with the arrow on the trolling motor.The icon from the little boat in the top right corner does not line up with the way I have it set.Also the water temp goes crazy on occasion, then the screen will act like it's trying to figure out what it wants to do then go back to normal.Anyone have answers. Oh ya it's a 93 sv+ unit

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    Did the one and a half circle thing and came out at 98%,the livescope ducer is aimed straight with the arrow on the trolling motor.The icon from the little boat in the top right corner does not line up with the way I have it set.Also the water temp goes crazy on occasion, then the screen will act like it's trying to figure out what it wants to do then go back to normal.Anyone have answers. Oh ya it's a 93 sv+ unit
    The direction indicator on the little boat icon in the top right corner will only point in the correct direction if the boat is moving forward - toward the bow - OR - if you have a separate heading sensor installed. The AHRS system in the Livescope and Panoptix transducers are magnetic compasses, BUT they only tell the MFD which way the transducer is pointed.

The problem is that MFD has no way to tell which way the BOAT is pointing at that moment unless the boat is moving forward OR you have a heading sensor.

Without a heading sensor, the MFD thinks the boat is pointing in the direction it is moving. Thats because it uses COG (Course Over Ground) to determine direction the bow is pointed.

So, if the boat is moveing sideways, or backwards, the MFD decides the bow is pointed sideways or backwards - unless you have a heading sensor. If the boat is not moving at all, then the MFD will be stuck with no good heading info and the indicator will just wander around based on GPS position error or point in random directions.

Water temp going crazy may be a problem with your transducer or cable - you may have a bad transducer or broken cable. Or, maybe its just not plugged in well enough - maybe the cradle isnt making good connections, one of the connectors is loose etc, etc. Its a remote chance the MFD is bad, but far more likely the transducer or cable/connections.

I not sure what you mean by the screen trying to figure out what it wants to do unless your talking about the depth setting. When you have the depth range set to Automatic, the MFD can get confused sometimes and the depth setting goes nuts trying to decide what the depth really is. Try setting a specific depth - just a bit more than the actual depth - and see if that helps.
    Last edited by Larry3215; 05-24-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

Ok...thnx