October Bass Fishing

I've pretty much made it a yearly thing to come up and fish the Big Bass Tourney on Gville in Oct. and have planned to come again. Its more fun when my buddies come so this year I was thinking of using the 6 days to fish different lakes around the area. Id like to fish Guntersville (at least once), Smith, Coosa River, Pick Wick, & go up to chick. I know its a ton of driving but that's cool with me. its just another experience in my book. Was really just wondering if the bass would be the same at most these lakes. I know it will be fall patterns but G seems different from the rest lol. Thanks Gentz

2. Dogfish_Jones
    They are the same in certain ways. One thing is one system is the Coosa River chain, the other the Tennessee River chain.
    Fishing the Coosa is Spotted bass everywhere with no many smallmouths and really none when you get toward Neely Henry on down. The Tennessee is more apt to have the smallmouths.
    The other difference is water temps, the Tennessee will be colder during that time of year.
    Being Guntersville is on the Tennessee chain when or if you switch over to the Coosa starting at Weiss, down to Neely Henry then Logan Martin ......Lay......, you will be leaning toward catching the highly motivated Spotted Bass that time of year. A shaky head will be a good go to bait for those lakes and time of year.

3. Member
    I have fished the Coosa River (Weiss, Neely Henry, Logan Martin) for 20 years and I have never heard of a smallmouth being caught, or even seen, in any of those.
    Chick has a few smallmouth in it, but catching one is few and far between. Pickwick would best bet for smallies on the TN River in Alabama.
    Another option, if you want to catch a brown fish, take a day or two and go up to Tims Ford or Woods Reservoir (both are between Chattanooga and Nashville on I-24). Both have a decent population of brown fish.

4. Member
    Smith is going to be small keitechs, topwaters, buzzbaits, drop shotting, and alot of dock fishing. Varies by year but generally swimbaits and drop shot around docks

5. Member
    Thanks everyone.