Looking for advice

Hey all new to this forum hoping people are still active here. I have been trying to find any info I can on my Sprint 286 Pro Tournament with very little luck other then what's posted in this forum (where is the boats vintage location? And the trailer vin so I can get everything registered correctly, got this for free from a buddies dad who had it left on his property and owner refused to get it. I am trying to find the year of this boat. Also wanting to purchase a manual for it. I am planning to start this project this year and really need help finding any and all parts that I may need to replace. I know the pictures aren't the best and I'm willing to grab more as needed as I am planning a full rebuild/restore (yeah it's going to cost a fortune I know). This is my first boat and first big project I have ever owned, with that said IF anyone has parts for sale I maybe interested if the price is right. Sorry if any rules in this post are broken as I have not currently gone over them yet have mainly been scrolling the threads looking for info.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Sprint went out of business in 2001, the good news is most parts for the hull can be found in the aftermarkets. Manuals were generic with water safety rules mostly. That looks to be an older model as the newer ones didn't have that side board on the trailer...I myself have no clue what year model it is, but on the rear of the hull on the starboard side should be a metal plate stating the Hull ID #.....Last 2 #'s will be the model year. I don't recall the old chrysler engines being installed on any. Post up the hull ID # and we can go from there. There was a sticker on the port side of the trailer on the channel frame just behind the winch stand with the trailer info, but they were prone to fall off..I had to go through a hassle to get my trailer registered as home made here. Hope this helps some....BTW Welcome aboard.
    Last edited by Bassmeister; 05-23-2019 at 03:42 PM.

3. Member
    Last two number are 92. Where are the best places to find parts? And what was the original motor they would have installed?

4. Member
    I bought a 277 pro new in 1994 and it had a yamaha pro v 150 on it. But I think it was more about what the dealer was selling as to what engine ended up on one. I looked at several and around North MS it would have been a mercury or yamaha. I just bought my old back from a guy I sold it to 10 years ago and gave it to my son for graduation last week. As bass Meistersinger stated they went out of business in 2001 and I think now they build the Nautical star center console boats.

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Give me a pic of the controls....shifter handle and I will try to help....they were sold with different manufacturers engines......

6. Member
    I have a 91 286 pro tournament Sprint.it rides like dream to me . I have the max motor size 175.send me your email address and I will send you pics to start with. The trailer should have had a carpeted rail on rear on both sides to help guide you on. The pics look good didn't see alot wrong . Send some pictures of the rear compartment

7. Member
    I have a wiring diagram if you need one