Ranger trailer help

Had a brain fart last night and pulled the truck away before unplugging the lights on my 03 ranger trailer
    The cable broke and the wires came apart at the connectors. I need to do a splice job now but for some
    reason the wires aren’t the same color going in as they were coming out of the connectors. Any ideas
    on how to reconnect ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by triton022; 05-23-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by triton022 View Post
    Had a brain fart last night and pulled the truck away before unplugging the lights on my 03 ranger trailer
    The cable broke and the wires came apart at the connectors. I need to do a splice job now but for some
    reason the wires aren’t the same color going in as they were coming out of the connectors. Any ideas
    on how to reconnect ?
    Does this help?

On my truck, the blue wire is the reverse light wire. It goes to the brake release solenoid and trailer backup lights. The way I read the diagram, the red wires on the trailer hook to the blue on the truck and the other colors match.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    I’ll give that a try. Thank you.

4. Member
    If you didn't get it match color to color on Brown, Yellow, White, Green then Blue to Red.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin365 View Post
    If you didn't get it match color to color on Brown, Yellow, White, Green then Blue to Red.
    this