Lake Rousseau lodging

Any suggestions? Just need a clean place for a night with boat parking. Thanks!
    BOB GASKINS TARPON SPRINGS,FL
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

2. Banned
    Personally, I'd do the Motel by the Dunnellon Launch. You can keep Your boat right there and then it is the Withlacoochee to Lake Rousseau.. Keep an eye peeled for stumps even on the outsides of the channels..

3. Member
    There is also a good motel on 19.

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Personally, I'd do the Motel by the Dunnellon Launch. You can keep Your boat right there and then it is the Withlacoochee to Lake Rousseau.. Keep an eye peeled for stumps even on the outsides of the channels..
    It is called the Dinner Bell, we stayed there for one of our classics. Was not bad.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

5. Member
    Thanks guys! Just gonna do an overnite, couple days of fishing trip.
    Never been to Rousseau, any areas or parts of lake I should try this time of year? One end or area deeper? Thanks again!
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob20; 05-24-2019 at 07:16 AM.
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob20 View Post
    Thanks guys! Just gonna do an overnite, couple days of fishing trip.
    Never been to Rousseau, any areas or parts of lake I should try this time of year? One end or area deeper? Thanks again!
    Bob
    Depending if You're entering the Lake proper from the Withlacoochee, those bends that You'll drive through are loaded with fish (Magnum Trick worm H20melon Red; weightless. Just cast to the bank and slowly bring it into the water; hold on. If You find my Wife's Costas; Finders Keepers) Not many stumps but dickheads heading to/fro.

The ramp at Peaceful Acres: That bush is loaded right by the launch. Across the lake from the launch. Swim Jig amongst the stumps. Just about any Texas Rig fished slowly. *** Watch for STUMPS ***

Launching from the dam. Hollow frog all along the Western shore. Swimbaits, even real BIG ones all about the front of the dam. Not 'many' stumps but I'd still be weary..

Post #7 Eastern Channel: You can throw just about anything here. Throw a heavy bait first and determine the bottom. From here You can fish SouthWesterly in VERY DEEP water. Make sure You have something that You can throw towards schools. Sammy™ always catches something. *** Stump City ***

7. Member
    Thanks a bunch for the info! Plan to stay up in Dunnellon and fish/run the river back to the lake. Just one more question...I'm assuming the channel is mostly stump free so no problems running?
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

Thanks a bunch for the info! Plan to stay up in Dunnellon and fish/run the river back to the lake. Just one more question...I'm assuming the channel is mostly stump free so no problems running?
    Channel is clear, just watch out for floaters......Log that may have broken free and floated into it.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

9. Member
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

10. Member
    Also BE CAREFUL of the stumps a couple feet either side of the channel. A lot of those used to have PVC channel markers. The PVC was held in place by rebar. Since the PVC is gone the rebar cannot be seen. Ask me how I know.
    Brad Krone

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    Also BE CAREFUL of the stumps a couple feet either side of the channel. A lot of those used to have PVC channel markers. The PVC was held in place by rebar. Since the PVC is gone the rebar cannot be seen. Ask me how I know.
    Ok...NOW I'm officially worried!!
    Guess I better watch out extra carefully...rebar sucks!! Hope ya didn't get too much damage!
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

12. Banned
    Then I'd certainly hit both The Rainbow River and the other side of the Withlacoochee River. My son caught an 11+ (wh. Popping Frog) as You make that turn; right off of the Turtle Island; the opposite bank was where the Fl State Record 17# was caught until recently passed. Where the rivers meet, the water eddies, is also a 'hot spot'.

Catch the right breaks and there is sometimes some 'hot tail' tubing down the Rainbow River. Bad timing and You're dodging shitheads in inner-tubes who think the world owes them a living....

13. Member
    I was there yesterday and the spray boat was hard at work spraying lily pads and everything else.

14. Member
    Ok...NOW I'm officially worried!!
    Guess I better watch out extra carefully...rebar sucks!! Hope ya didn't get too much damage!
    To be fair this was years ago before the FWC Braintrust (I use that term extremely lightly) went on their spraying rampage. The rebar stump I teeter tottered while idling to the channel was in a hydrilla bed 2 feet outside the channel. In sure now that same stump is highly visable since the hydrilla is gone.
    Brad Krone

15. Banned
    There was an article in this morning's local rag; Citrus County Chronicle™ and the guy who started "1 Rake at a time.inc." Art Jones wrote a guest article re: the balls that are sprayed along the Rainbow River. The balls contain a weed killer and some sort of oil. The makers of the balls/poison said they'd dissipate after 3 years although Mr. Jones has found them under 3' of silt..

16. Banned

17. Member
    Had a good trip. Thanks for all the info guys, helped a bunch! Stayed at Dinner Bell Motel.. clean, friendly, and only 69 bucks! Caught a few fish and one REALLY GOOD ONE.
    Lew, couldn't hardly get bit on the watermelon worm, so decided to try a 10" Powerworm in Black/ blue ribbon tail...Holy chit did they like it!
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by Bob20; 05-30-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

18. Banned
    Remember that because that color combo also is productive if You ever fish Lake Henderson; They also like a Black/Blue tipped Floating worm, w/a bullet weight