Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Have rod will travel View Post
    I've owned chevys for lots of years. Way back when starting in 1955, the following year there were changes, 56, big changes in 57, again in 58 etc. I keep getting calls from them wanting me to come in and trade in one of mine. I usually buy Impalas for the wife, Tahoes and Corvettes for me. But they have not changed in lots of years. I told the girl the line up is stale, why would I buy a new Tahoe when it looks the same as the one I am driving. I understand the Tahoe is their number one selling vehicle, but, why ignore it.
    you must not want a new bass boat either they still all look the same don't buy a new tv! They are still all rectangular hold out till they come out with a round tv
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    The Hemi was redesigned for 2010 and newer as the Eagle Hemi putting out 395HP and 400 ft/lbs compared to the 345/350 that the 2003-2009 Hemi put out. Same goes for the 3.5 Ecoboost, it was modified for the 2014 model year with different turbo's and intercooler. Same power and torque, just better components.

The 5.3, that thing has been stale as hell since 2007 when GM started using the LC9 in their 1/2 ton's.
    You beat me to it.The 5.3 is old as dirt. It's basically the same as the 327 in my 1965 Impala SS with a different to end and fuel system (fuel injection instead of a carb).

3. Member
    I have had 4 or 5 suburbans over the years and always went with the GMC version. To me GMC always looked better.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    You beat me to it.The 5.3 is old as dirt. It's basically the same as the 327 in my 1965 Impala SS with a different to end and fuel system (fuel injection instead of a carb).
    The saving grace is buying an older GM 1/2 ton with the iron block 4.8 or 5.3. Those blocks can really take the boost. Slap a turbo or twin scroll on there and let er rip.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Locknload59 View Post
    I have had Chevy trucks since the 90's and they have all treated me well. I must be the only guy alive that likes the looks of the new Chevy's.
    Nope, I am a hair away from pulling a trigger trading my Duramax in for a 6.2 Denali!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Member
    Dont pull the trigger to hard, keep the duramax

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I always like the suburban line up, but the new one makes me want stand and pray for the Deceast....looks like a hurse!
    I've always said the exact same thing, the black suburbans could easily pass as a hearse.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Nope, I am a hair away from pulling a trigger trading my Duramax in for a 6.2 Denali!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have both, 2017 Denali Duramax HD and a 2019 Denali 6.2, like them both a lot.

9. Member
    I have had Chevy trucks since the 90's and they have all treated me well. I must be the only guy alive that likes the looks of the new Chevy's.

Nah, you're not the only one. I think they are a good looking truck too. Just not as good looking as the GMC.

I’m in the “Like” camp. Saw a couple of GMCs this week. Both had the factory lift kit installed. More of a leveling kit, but looked really good with the 20” wheels and AT tires. The only thing I truly hate about the Chevrolet/GMC trucks is the step bars. They don’t help the look of the trucks at all IMO. I’d go with aftermarket retractable steps like Ford uses, or possibly N-Fab step bars.
    https://www.carid.com/n-fab/2-round-nerf-steps.html
    But, I’m a few years from considering another truck since my ‘13 Sierra is in immaculate shape, and only has 46,000 miles on it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I’m in the “Like” camp. Saw a couple of GMCs this week. Both had the factory lift kit installed. More of a leveling kit, but looked really good with the 20” wheels and AT tires. The only thing I truly hate about the Chevrolet/GMC trucks is the step bars. They don’t help the look of the trucks at all IMO. I’d go with aftermarket retractable steps like Ford uses, or possibly N-Fab step bars.
    https://www.carid.com/n-fab/2-round-nerf-steps.html
    But, I’m a few years from considering another truck since my ‘13 Sierra is in immaculate shape, and only has 46,000 miles on it.
    There is an option for the factory retractable steps on gmc/chevy.

12. Member
    I love the looks of the new Silverado/Sierra. Very sharp trucks!
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

13. Member

I think they look pretty mean!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post

2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

15. Member
    Not a Chevy man but the new ones look nice

I think they're the best looking truck on the road right now. Best changes since the '88 model.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123