Thread: Truman Report

Truman Report

Going out that way in few days wondering if someone could give a report on bass fishing
    Thanks

2. Member
    Have not bass fished Truman lately. Truman is very high and on the rise right now. Lots of rain and more on the way. Looks like its 730' and normal pool is 706'. The lake will have flooded buck brush, trees, picnic tables, bbq grills and anything else that might be under water. I would bet the water is chocolate milk to very stained. You might also check out Ozark Anglers Forums for more info.
    Last edited by bass rats; 05-23-2019 at 02:07 PM.

3. Member
    25 ft high, and rising, as of this evening (thurs.) Saw at least 1 tree floating out in the middle of the lake from the 83 hwy bridge. You might be hard pressed to find a ramp you can launch. I would suggest going to Table Rock, only lake that's not badly flooded.

4. Member
    26.5 ft high friday evening. There is a "pay" ramp open at Osage Bluff marina, but your launching off the side of the road. Better bet would be the high water ramp at Shawnee Bend swim beach, at the dam, off the side of the parking lot. Be careful of lots of floating debris if you get out on the water.

5. Banned
    Wow! Ive been on Truman when its been high but not like this! Are they dumping any water yet? I thought LOZ was low?

6. Member
    Drove across the dam this afternoon, NO water coming thru. The county road bridge across the Pomme arm near Sapp Landing is closed, water is up to the girders under the bridge. The high water ramp at Shawnee Bend beach, by the dam, is open, though parking is severely limited since over half the parking lot is under water. Truman is within 3 ft of all time high.

7. Member
    We had a tournament on Truman years ago when it was 24' high. It was amazing all the flooded bushes, trees and everything. My partner caught a fish off a picnic table on a spinnerbait (that was a first). The only one we weighed in. There were so many trees piled up at the dam it looked like you could walk across them from one side to the other. Simply amazing. As I type this its pouring rain here and guess where that waters headed!

8. Member
    Truman 29.9 ft high as of 6:40 am (uslakes.info). Strong storms rolling through the Osage river watershed this morning. Top of flood control pool is around 740 elev., (34 ft high)

9. Member
    God forbid they mess up the holiday weekend for everyone at LOZ and start dumping water! They only do that when the fish are on beds!

They claim the core is telling them to hold water until Missouri rivers crest at Herman and the they will run water straight threw was thinking it would stat Sunday
    2005 champion 196 oh what a ride

11. Member
    They had 12 gates open at LOZ last I knew and the Osage is out along with MO River at Major flood stage here at Jefferson City and below where the Osage comes in. One of the levees broke at Jeff City so that minimized some of the flooding at Herman.

12. Member
    The Corps opened the flood gates here at Truman yesterday. Benton County Emergency management put out a "Imminent extreme alert" text to cell phones yesterday PM. Said the releases out of Truman will be ramped up to 70,000 CFS on thursday. Truman lake will crest at 738.67 on Sunday. The Corps website showed "inflows" still around 100,000 CFS yesterday. 739.00 is top of Flood control pool. 738.67 (1985) is the all time high water mark at Truman, according to the Corps representative at the visitors center. So, the Corps has reached their comfort level here at Truman. It's easy to see why, with Pomme 25 ft high, Stockton 17, Melvern 18, and Pomona 26. ALL that water comes the Truman. So, ready or not Herman, and St Louis, here it comes. The flood of 2019 continues.

13. Member
    The flooding sucks! Thanks for the report ANDYE. It's coming up big-time here in St Charles!

14. Member
    So, the COE has changed their plan for the next week at Truman dam. Now they will be releasing only 25,000+/- CFS through the generators and flood gates, down from 70,000 CFS. That's good news for the towns downstream on the Osage and Missouri rivers. This change will bring the lake level to an all-time high of 739.5, assuming no more rain. Hope she holds !!! The road across the dam is closed, that's kind of normal as it happens from time to time for various reasons. The Bledsoe Ferry access that is nearest the flood gates is closed to the public, first time I have seen that.

15. Member
    When this flooding subsides, I think we all need to make an effort to book a trip to one of the Truman area resorts. I do not get down there often enough, but man, I feel for these businesses!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDYE View Post
    So, the COE has changed their plan for the next week at Truman dam. Now they will be releasing only 25,000+/- CFS through the generators and flood gates, down from 70,000 CFS. That's good news for the towns downstream on the Osage and Missouri rivers. This change will bring the lake level to an all-time high of 739.5, assuming no more rain. Hope she holds !!! The road across the dam is closed, that's kind of normal as it happens from time to time for various reasons. The Bledsoe Ferry access that is nearest the flood gates is closed to the public, first time I have seen that.
    Read on a previous post they closed the East side because someone died somewhere up north from strong releases of a dam, Don't know if true but was on Truman Rock Rats group

17. Member
    Truman is at an all-time high, 738.89 (lakelevels.info), and rising. COE forecast peak rises to 739.7 on June 4. Osage Bluff is completely shut down, water over the access road to the marina, campground closed. Shawnee Bend is completely shut down, barricades across the road just past the golf course entrance. East Bledsoe Ferry park is open behind the dam, can see the flood gates from there. I could see a log sticking up above one of the flood gates this pm. Everything else looked good to my un-trained eye. BCMOEM.com (Benton County Mo. Emergency Management) is putting out a statement once daily.

18. Member
    Just saw pics of bucksaw on facebook and it is bad!