PROP TO PAD SET UP

Setup procedure used. I leveled pad then leveled prop shaft pad to ground 151/2” shaft to ground 131/4” subtracted difference =21/4” should be 31/2 so I am 11/4” to high if this procedure is right all done on level cement pad.motor2019 mercury 4 stroke proxs v8 ser.2B596234 jackplate cmc 51/2” Manuel motor is set in 3rd hole.Hole shot ok high speed not so good would like to know if this set up is ok before I make any changes.

2. mikesxpress
    What boat?

3. Member
    I have a hydraulic plate on my 721, but i did the PTP measurement to see what the setting on my plate would be at different measurement. With full load and all around best performance mine runs best at 2.5".......leaving it at 2.5 i have a small 3-4 second blowout when coming out of the hole....once planed out it is totally fine...hope this helps

4. Member
    2008 triton 196

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBucketMouth33 View Post
    I have a hydraulic plate on my 721, but i did the PTP measurement to see what the setting on my plate would be at different measurement. With full load and all around best performance mine runs best at 2.5".......leaving it at 2.5 i have a small 3-4 second blowout when coming out of the hole....once planed out it is totally fine...hope this helps
    Are you running the plugs in the prop? And at 2.5" what number is your jackplate gauge showing?
    2019 721 ProXP 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

6. Member
    Solid plugs on tempest plus 25p no numbers on plate

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dett23 View Post
    Solid plugs on tempest plus 25p no numbers on plate
    Have you compared the Fury to the Tempest or have you ran the Tempest all along?
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

8. Member
    What I would like to know if my set up is right I am going to drop motor to 2nd hole To get 31/2” ptp can I get any info.on pro or con on this move. Thanks for any help

9. Member
    I would think with a 5 1/2” jack plate that 3 1/2” would be better than 2 1/4” however that doesn’t mean it will be the absolute best. The best height for top speed may not be best for rough water so it all depends on what you’re after. Mine runs fastest at 2 3/4”but if I fished big water I would lower it 1/4” to 1/2”. What is your top speed and rpm’s? Your slip #s would help a lot in figuring out if your too high. You might try just lowering 1/4” at a time and make some test runs. Should know pretty quick if your heading in the right direction.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

10. Member
    Thanks for all the feed back I think l am going with a hdy. Jackplate Eather a atlas or bobs from what info I got there’s no way to get it set right with manual.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and provide the Required Info with your post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dett23 View Post
    From all my info. 4strokes run better plunged . What plate are u running?
    12" atlas

13. Member
    All mine are plugged as well...Im running a 10" atlas

14. Member
    All mine are plugged as well...Im running a 10" atlas
    Yea ran it some more plugged seems better

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Customsilverado View Post
    Yea ran it some more plugged seems better
    Awesome...Glad you were able to see some difference.

16. Member
    Awesome...Glad you were able to see some difference.
    Yea it doesnt blow out as much, still trying to figure out how to get more speed but each time i go out i gain a couple mph latest was 72 at 5800 rpms i know she has more but still learning to drive it