Nitro NX882 seat storage question.

I have a 2000 Nitro NX882 and driver and passenger seats both have storage compartments under them, but the center seat seems to be fixed in place. I have un-screwed anything yet, but was wondering if anyone else had, and might know what is under there. The storage compartments of the other seats are walled on all sides, and behind the center seat is the live well. I cant imagine it's solid material under it, but it doesn't seem to have any easy access. Anyone ever investigated to see what might be under there?
    2000 Nitro 882
    Mercury XR6 150
    SN: 0T067432

2. Member
    I'm betting it's the gas tank under there.

3. Member
    I have a 99 NX882, I took my middle seat out years ago, there is nothing under it. If you open either rear storage and remove the bins, you can look forward of the livewell and see that there is nothing there, just open space. I put a speaker on the front side of that step (below seat area) and there was plenty of clearance for other stuff. I have thought of making a storage hatch but it seem like way too much work for little gain.
    2020 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S - S/N 2B745597

-------------------------
    Eric
    AWFC(NAC/AW) USN (Ret) - P-3C Flight Engineer

2003 TR-21 Bassmaster Classic Edition
    2020 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S
    Garmin 126sv (x3)
    LiveScope LSV 34 // 60A Monster Lithium
    Garmin Force 50" 36v // 3 Ionic 50A Lithium

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeBassn View Post
    I have a 99 NX882, I took my middle seat out years ago, there is nothing under it. If you open either rear storage and remove the bins, you can look forward of the livewell and see that there is nothing there, just open space. I put a speaker on the front side of that step (below seat area) and there was plenty of clearance for other stuff. I have thought of making a storage hatch but it seem like way too much work for little gain.
    Ok awesome! Thats exactly what I was hoping would fit under there, was a speaker. Do you happen to have a picture of your setup? How was the installation? What size speaker did you go with? Did you just cut away any fiberglass under the seat? Thanks! I also was Navy, ABH.
    2000 Nitro 882
    Mercury XR6 150
    SN: 0T067432