Question ComforTroll D-LUX In a Tr-21

I ordered a ComforTroll D-LUX for my 1997 TR-21. It just arrived today and this thing is huge. I have my boat stored at my grandfather's so as to keep it garaged so I don't have ready access to it. Has anyone done the install? I'm honestly worried if I have enough space between the seat pedestal and the front console. My other worry is if I have enough depth near the front console to accommodate the pan? Just want to be sure before I go up this weekend and start cutting holes. Thanks!
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

2. Member
    I put one in a Ranger 340V. It is huge ... but the tool holder and cup holder are little game changers. - that and the fact that it will hold an ultrex if I ever get one.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoZero View Post
    I put one in a Ranger 340V. It is huge ... but the tool holder and cup holder are little game changers. - that and the fact that it will hold an ultrex if I ever get one.
    I'm guessing it worked out ok? My main concern is if I have enough room between my seat pedestal and the front dash, and whether I have enough depth toward the front since t's a square cut and doesn't have an angled pan.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

4. Member
    You'll probably have to cut the front of the storage box down to let the tray set in there.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    You'll probably have to cut the front of the storage box down to let the tray set in there.
    Yeah I'm already prepared for that based on a few videos I've seen.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

6. Member
    I installed one on my 99 tr-21 and didn't have to cut into the front storage.

7. Member
    Iv seen on videos you want at least 13 inches from the seat post to the end of the tray