Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Great news for Belle River area folks. Hopefully they construct the flood gate in Chene so it can manage water flow, not just dead shut or wide open. The ability to manage the flow would allow a good flow through Chene but not so much as to back up water and stop Belle River from draining. I did see Bayou Penchant is up in the same time frame. The spillway and lower atchafalaya area will be a lot different when the water finally goes down. We may loose access to a lot of good areas due to sand bars and silt. Some areas may improve if the river digs through some of the barriers. The mouth of dog island pass and the mouth of the 21 should be interesting.

2. Member
    Right now marsh is on fire heard good catches coming from there..

3. Member
    American pass ..orange barrel ..duck lake you name it..the wax it’s all silting up won’t be long we will be fishing just main channels or we all gonna have to get one of those surface drives.

4. Member
    The rocks they put across American Pass basically killed that area. At a meeting where they were discussing placing the rocks there they said it was to stop water from coming up American Pass. The only time water would come up american pass was for storms and hurricanes. The tide would move fast or slow but a normal tide never pushed in from there. The orange barrel piling that is way up on bank now was once out in the water a good way. When they dug that channel through duck lake it silted in all the top and water does not move out there the way it used to. And to add insult to injury, Judges rule there is a lack of evidence to prove the dug canals caused natural lakes and bayous to silt up. Besides just clicking on google earth and look for themselves at the hundreds of abandoned, silted in bayou beds that cover the marsh, I can take them to hundreds of them. People in power making decisions that have no idea what the issues are. Like the Representative in the trespassing bill discussion that stated to one of the guys that if they were in disputed water they didn't own it so it didn't matter, they were trespassing. Had no clue it was disputed water between a private owner and the state. Yet this person was voting on this issue.

5. Member
    Yea we pretty much screwed. Any time politicians get involved in anything they turn what was a little problem into just plain old WTF.
    Then what is done will never be undone no matter the consequences. It won’t change too many one issue people only looking out for themselves.

6. Member
    So what happens in 30 years and the spillway is all silted in an no longer navigable by boat? Just a big wildlife preserve?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    So what happens in 30 years and the spillway is all silted in an no longer navigable by boat? Just a big wildlife preserve?
    Yep.... Just somewhere for floodwaters to go....

8. Member
    From what I understand they had the funding to dredge the 16 and I think part of the 21. Problem is the landowner didn't want them to put the dredge material on their land unless they got paid. There wasn't enough funding to haul it off so nothing got done.

9. Member
    As a fisherman I don’t like the real answers, but what y’all think the spillway is? nobody really gives a crap about the fish or navigation other than gas companies getting their barges around And the intercostal. It’s gonna silt in. It is the only actual living/growing delta area in the state. I get it Crawfish/business all that but it won’t matter. They really don’t care.

10. Member
    I went rabbit hunting this past winter with friends

where we hunted. 30 years ago I was catching bass

11. Member
    The COE needs to use the same model on the coast that they using in the spillway. They’d recapture the lost coast in 30 years lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12