Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Good luck with the Suzuki

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The technician that said that has been solidly managed by the upper management of the engine company.

he is now working for mercury in other words!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillS53 View Post
    Update on the re-power. Break in went very well and it was fun spending 10 hours relearning how to drive my boat. The motor has tons of low end and mid-range torque and rips our out of the hole very efficiently. It also is a joy to drive in big water because of the torque and lift of a 4 blade 29 Suzuki prop. So far I am down a bit overall on top end speed, 72 mph @ 6200 rpm full fuel wells empty, full wells 3/4 fuel 68. The old motor was a solid 74 mph in good conditions across the board and if I chose to drive on the ragged edge 77 to 78. I have not pushed the ragged edge with the current setup. I was running a 3 blade 27 Fury on an Etech 250 for comparison. These are all acceptable numbers by my standards but I will continue to look for a prop to get me a bit more on the top end but where I live and fish I rarely get to run like this for very long. I am getting used to how quiet this motor runs and also looking at a digital readout is a bit different. The only thing so far I have been a bit disappointed in is the digital trim gauge. Currently with the digital gauge either shows all the way down or all the way up no matter where I am at within the adjustment range. I do not know if this is a setting issue or the just the way it is. I'm hoping for it just being a setting issue and worse case I can have the dealer set it back to analog and use the analog gauge which is a minor nuisance.

Overall I am pleased with my choice to go with Suzuki. My dealer Team Marine Service has been fantastic helping me get props and additional equipment around for this upgrade. I pulled my old Detwiler off and put an Atlas on it, upgraded the radio and a few other things I need to get upgraded with the switch over.

If you are ever in Lacrosse WI and need something done to your rig give Andy and his crew over at Team Marine a call. They are the best in the area at what they do.
    Great to hear the new motor is performing well. Check with the dealer on the trim gauge issue. Analog gauge and Digital gauge would need different sending units in my opinion.
    Keep us updated with your progress.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    What type of electronics are you running? I have my 250SS linked to my Lowrance HDS Live and I have the digital trim gauge. Plus what's nice about the Lowrance HDS Live with the 19.1 update, you can create custom instrument layouts as well.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    What type of electronics are you running? I have my 250SS linked to my Lowrance HDS Live and I have the digital trim gauge. Plus what's nice about the Lowrance HDS Live with the 19.1 update, you can create custom instrument layouts as well.
    I'm running Lowrance HDS3's currently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12