05 Skeeter zx225 vs. 05 triton tr196

I am currently looking at these two boats and wanted some opinions of pros and cons of both. This will be my first bass boat. They are comparable in price the Triton has no electronics but does have a power pole and an ultrex. The skeeter has 2 hds8s and 1 hds7. Skeeter has HPDI 225 with new rebuilt power head. Triton has VMAX ox66 200 with roughly 30hrs on new power head. Triton is in Over all better condition.
    Any input and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I'd go with the triton. The Ultrex is a great option and you can find electronics cheap. The ox66 is a great engine and should last a long time. It just might not be as good on fuel and oil as the HPDI.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Im just the opposite. Unless the skeeter is trashed its a way better boat imo. You can install anything you want on there and the hpdi is a better motor.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    PM sent
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

My vote would be the Triton for two reasons...you said the Triton is in better overall condition, and it has an Ultrex. The Ultrex is over $2K, and if you don't have one, you will want one (I sure do!) While the HPDI is a great motor, that doesn't mean the OX66 is a bad motor. Maybe post some pictures of each, let us see what you're looking at. Good luck either way though, they both are both well built boats and will be a lot of fun.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI