'15 Pro XS 150 Alarm details - oil or overheat?

Apologies for the long/detailed thread...

Finishing up practice last Friday for a 2 day tournament. At the end of the day I got a steady 6 second beep/alarm when I put the throttle in gear. I was told to run the oil down prior to switching the oil I was using (moving from DFI to Quick Silver) so as not to mix it. I was expecting an oil alarm, so I idled in and grabbed a gallon from my vehicle. After that, I went back out for a quick run to make sure the alarm went away and I was good. I dropped my partner off to get the truck and while I was waiting to load, the alarm sounded again. In the parking lot I removed the cowl and checked the reserve. It was about a 1/4 low, so I refilled that as well.

Fast forward to Saturday, I put in an hour before blast off. Fire the engine up - no alarm. I sat with the motor off until blast off. When running to my first spot, I hear the alarm go off while I'm up on pad. I get to my spot, fish on the trolling motor exclusively until 2:00. I wanted to leave myself some time to idle in if need be. When I fire up that afternoon, the alarm starts again immediately. So I idle in and get it on the trailer. All day Sunday the alarm fired as soon as I turned on the engine. But I didn't "run" anywhere.

My water pressure has been good. It "spits" occasionally, but that's always been the case.

Any ideas? I was convinced that this was oil related initially, but it's never stopped after I refilled.

2. Member
    Quicksilver is a brand and is Mercury oil. The only oils you should be using in your engine are Mercury/Quicksilver DFI which is Mercury's recommendation, or Mercury/Quicksilver Premium Plus. Those two oils are completely compatible with each other and can be intermixed without issue. You should never run the remote tank below 30% nor refill over 80%.

What "Quicksilver oil" are you switching to instead of DFI?

As to your alarm - WARNING HORN "BEEPED"
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax