Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Yeah, instead of beating the banks trying to get as many bites as possible he stuck it out for the big one on the bed. He also mentioned catching fish on a swimbait at Fork... not sure how many fish have been targeted with a swimbait on BPT.

And yes he won with a fluke stick at Hartwell targeting bed fish. Not the thousands of 13" spotted bass that Hartwell could produce and give him 30+ fish in one day.

Palaniuk throws a swimbait pretty often in BPT. Roumbanis too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Palaniuk throws a swimbait pretty often in BPT. Roumbanis too.
    How's that been working out for them?
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    How's that been working out for them?

Question was asked who was throwing them, not results.

Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Interesting so many complain about the BPT guys catching all those little fish. I'd imagine fishing in a BASS tournament, they do the same, you just don't see them catch the dinks. They catch fish, weed them out and keep the best 5 remember? I'd love to be able to catch 50 1-2lb bass in a day. I had what I considered a great day earlier this week...I caught 7 bass all around 1-2lbs.
    Believe it or not, most the “best 5 derbies” whether it’s BASS or FLW, the successful guys approach those tournaments different than they do the BPT. That’s a fact jack. Certain times and certain lakes they’ll catch a lot of small fish but they try to avoid those fish. I’ve seen it several times when I guy pulls up to spot and catches 5 fish on 5 throws and pulls up TM and leaves. They all say the same thing, “can’t win with those fish!” And if they don’t leave, they’ll pick up some monster size bait to try to catch a big one if there’s one there and to keep from catching small fish. ....They definitely approach the 2 circuits different. If you’ll listen they’ll even mention in on MLF/BPT.

5. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Believe it or not, most the “best 5 derbies” whether it’s BASS or FLW, the successful guys approach those tournaments different than they do the BPT. That’s a fact jack. Certain times and certain lakes they’ll catch a lot of small fish but they try to avoid those fish. I’ve seen it several times when I guy pulls up to spot and catches 5 fish on 5 throws and pulls up TM and leaves. They all say the same thing, “can’t win with those fish!” And if they don’t leave, they’ll pick up some monster size bait to try to catch a big one if there’s one there and to keep from catching small fish. ....They definitely approach the 2 circuits different. If you’ll listen they’ll even mention in on MLF/BPT.
    I imagine they do approach the two circuits somewhat differently. However, I have seen them in years past which watching a BASS tournament where they keep the small fish to guarantee a limit, then cull as the day goes on. One the other hand I remember Fieder catching a 3lb smallmouth on Mille Lacs and throwing it back as he said he'd need bigger fish and he was right. They don't leave a spot with dinks all the time, it depends on what lake they are fishing and when, but they still catch dinks.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

6. Tico
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    Been watching for a half hour today - all 12-15" fish …….good numbers but catching small fish gets old ? I so prefer a 5 fish limit to watch during an event.
    YES

7. Tico
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    The only thing that gets old is the number of threads that get started with this exact same topic.
    No, not really.

8. Member
    I like mustard and biscuits.
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

Quote Originally Posted by bnewman046 View Post
    Never thought of that.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bnewman046 View Post
    So, do you like mustard on biscuits, or is biscuit mustard a specialty condiment???... Dan

11. Member
    MLF got old about 3 seasons ago.

12. bayousmallie
    tired of hearing scoreable bass all the time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456