Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    I swear Randy Flowers posts here on occasion.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post
    How about the news today they are going back there!!!

Man, for those of you that were bored with the first 53 days on Table Rock, get ready for another 53!!
    Haha!!

Some of the "1 percenters" on here that claim to be so great, yet with the amount of time they spend on BBC you wonder how much they actually fish, and how "great" they claim to be is a bunch of keyboard BS?

I've also yet to see some of those 1 percenters names on FLW or BASS's website for any checks cashed.

I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the BPT, but a man's gotta eat - and I don't blame a single one of them for leaving BASS. Yeah, most of it is boring, and a lot of them probably miss the competitive side of trying to outsmart the big ones specifically. But at the end of the day, they're getting paid to do what they love. And they're getting paid more on this side of the grass then they were on the other side.

I doubt we'll see a lot of, or maybe any of the guys try to requalify for BASS at this point. Some of the older guys may retire, but if I'm getting paid to do my favorite thing in the world - regardless of the format - I'm gonna go with the one that gives me the most jingle in my pocket.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    I love MLF, but to answer your question, not near as many as MLF.
    You don’t see what they’re catching because they don’t show it.

Look at BASS or FLW....other than the TTBC, every event this year they’ve gone down the bank throwing wacky worms, dropshots, Ned rigs, spinnerbaits, and topwater baits.

They haven’t been doing anything magical or mysterious, they aren’t throwing giant swimbaits or 12” worms...they’re simply going down the bank fishing.

What separates many of them from the average BBC fisherman is they fish faster and cast more accurately.

Bolton won the Rayburn FLW Tour event catching a fish literally every cast for extended periods of time. Jim Tutt came in second, had 20 for right at 80 lbs, but caught 186 bass to get to his 20 fish limit. All on a little crankbait the size of a #7 Shad Rap.

The 11+ lb’er John Crews caught at the St Johns wasn’t caught on a secret big fish bait...he was blind casting a 4 1/2” wacky worm trying to catch whatever would bite.

The only difference with BPT is if they get in area with smaller fish they lean on them instead of getting a quick 5 and moving. Some of them are catching 100 bass per day, I can guarantee you a sizable percentage of this board doesn’t catch 100 bass in 6 months.

5. Banned
    Jim Tutt? What the meme about the name...

untitled.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post

Look at BASS or FLW....other than the TTBC, every event this year they’ve gone down the bank throwing wacky worms, dropshots, Ned rigs, spinnerbaits, and topwater baits.

They haven’t been doing anything magical or mysterious, they aren’t throwing giant swimbaits or 12” worms...they’re simply going down the bank fishing.

What separates many of them from the average BBC fisherman is they fish faster and cast more accurately.

Bolton won the Rayburn FLW Tour event catching a fish literally every cast for extended periods of time. Jim Tutt came in second, had 20 for right at 80 lbs, but caught 186 bass to get to his 20 fish limit. All on a little crankbait the size of a #7 Shad Rap.

The 11+ lb’er John Crews caught at the St Johns wasn’t caught on a secret big fish bait...he was blind casting a 4 1/2” wacky worm trying to catch whatever would bite.

The only difference with BPT is if they get in area with smaller fish they lean on them instead of getting a quick 5 and moving. Some of them are catching 100 bass per day, I can guarantee you a sizable percentage of this board doesn’t catch 100 bass in 6 months.
    Did you not watch the classic this year? A couple guys swung for the fences with a swimbait and almost won it doing that. Only catching 5-6 fish/day.

How about Texas fest at Fork? Guys were spending hours trying to catch bedded fish that were 7+ pounds.

Or the Hartwell event? Same thing as fork, they just weren’t quite as big.

Nobody is saying that it doesn’t take skill to catch 100 fish in a day. But it takes a lot of guts to go out there and put all your eggs in the bed fishing basket and hope they end up biting, knowing that if they do - they’re gonna get paid.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. BassBlood
    C rig doesn't understand there is a difference targeting big fish versus numbers.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Did you not watch the classic this year? A couple guys swung for the fences with a swimbait and almost won it doing that. Only catching 5-6 fish/day.

How about Texas fest at Fork? Guys were spending hours trying to catch bedded fish that were 7+ pounds.

Or the Hartwell event? Same thing as fork, they just weren’t quite as big.

Nobody is saying that it doesn’t take skill to catch 100 fish in a day. But it takes a lot of guts to go out there and put all your eggs in the bed fishing basket and hope they end up biting, knowing that if they do - they’re gonna get paid.
    Guts????? gimme a break these guys aren't storming the beaches at Normandy. It takes the same amount of guts to fish either way.

9. Member

I doubt we'll see a lot of, or maybe any of the guys try to requalify for BASS at this point. Some of the older guys may retire, but if I'm getting paid to do my favorite thing in the world - regardless of the format - I'm gonna go with the one that gives me the most jingle in my pocket.
    ^^^^ And this is the final punchline, now we can stop talking about it and go watch the league of our choice and be friends again. Lol.

10. Member
    Haven't watched MLF/BPT since the first two events. I even stopped following MFL and any of the MLF pros on FB. I still watch all of the B.A.S.S. live and television shows I can and am enjoying seeing new faces competing on the Elites.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Guts????? gimme a break these guys aren't storming the beaches at Normandy. It takes the same amount of guts to fish either way.
    ????

In no way, shape, or form am I making that comparison.

And if you don't think it takes guts to go toss a swimbait around all day, or sit on huge fish for hours on a bed praying they bite versus doing the bare minimum to get bit, regardless of the size - then I'm not sure you understand tournament fishing.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Ive seen it firsthand in BASS. Most guys on certain lakes will fish for 8-10 bites. They don’t catch near as many small fish as MLF does on most occasions.

13. Banned
    ????

In no way, shape, or form am I making that comparison.

And if you don't think it takes guts to go toss a swimbait around all day, or sit on huge fish for hours on a bed praying they bite versus doing the bare minimum to get bit, regardless of the size - then I'm not sure you understand tournament fishing.
    I've wasted half a day trying to get a big girl to bite, it was no more gutsy than trying to cull thru a bunch of small ones is all I am saying.

14. Banned

There is so much wrong information in this post I wouldn’t even know where to start. Lol

15. Member
    I have been watching BPT, FLW and Bass. I like them all. I love fishing. I fish tournaments, I fish for fun, I fish for food (even a few bass). Now with that being said, some here seems to think that BPT is doomed because it’s a dink fest........hate to tell y’all this but BPT and the fishermen themselves can change the format at any time. They can weigh fish and only count the 3 biggest or the 5 biggest or however they want to do it. They could got to a two pound keeper, many, many options and the format would still be exciting to me!! Sorry but BPT is here to stay!! The versatility of the BPT will ensure its survival!

16. BassBlood
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster658 View Post
    I have been watching BPT, FLW and Bass. I like them all. I love fishing. I fish tournaments, I fish for fun, I fish for food (even a few bass). Now with that being said, some here seems to think that BPT is doomed because it’s a dink fest........hate to tell y’all this but BPT and the fishermen themselves can change the format at any time. They can weigh fish and only count the 3 biggest or the 5 biggest or however they want to do it. They could got to a two pound keeper, many, many options and the format would still be exciting to me!! Sorry but BPT is here to stay!! The versatility of the BPT will ensure its survival!
    Hahaha. You believe the likes huh? One company owns 50% which means they do as they want....the pros may ha e a say but when push comes to shove one company runs the show

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBlood View Post
    Hahaha. You believe the likes huh? One company owns 50% which means they do as they want....the pros may ha e a say but when push comes to shove one company runs the show
    How many companies run the show at BASS and FLW?

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBlood View Post
    What one company owns 50% of what%

19. Banned
    You guys are pathatic arguing about something you have no control of financial interest in. Let alone know nothing about the business side. Except what you make up. Just watch the coverage or don't. Go out and help the needy or something.

20. BassBlood
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    What one company owns 50% of what%
    It's easy to find with a little digging, starting with the MLF site. Outdoor channel owns half of mlf/bpt and outdoor channel is now owned by kroenke sports.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast