H51 Yamaha set up ?

I bought this for my son couple months ago and the motor blowed up 2nd time out. Got it rebuilt and added a 8” jackplate , water pressure gauge and new rpm gauge. It feels slow as Christmas right now. lol It has a beat up 17p power tech prop on it now that he is going to keep for duck hunting . We are going this weekend to south end of Toldeo Bend to try to get some data on it. So if anyone has any suggestions on the set up and a Good Prop for more TOP END SPEED we sure would appreciate it. Thanks Hubert

H51
    rebuilt 90 Yamaha 2 stroke
    Beat up 17p power tech
    8” manual jackplate
    2 batteries
    prop to pad ? I will check tonight
    Last edited by hubert davis; 05-22-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Gotta know your rpm with a good prop. You could have a good hull and run a 23 or waterlogged dented hull and have a hard time turning a 17

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4 to 4.5 prop to pad. 17 pitch trophy plus is my set up. My rig is an 08 with a 90 Yamaha 2 stroke, two batteries and every compartment packed full of gear runs 42 to 43 solo and 38 to 39 with a 200 lb partner and his gear.

4. Member
    Thanks for the information. How many rpms are u turning it?

Quote Originally Posted by hubert davis View Post
    Thanks for the information. How many rpms are u turning it?
    Thats what we need to know on yours

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Yes sir I understand to help me figure out what I need I am going to have to have more information. And I plan on getting that information this weekend! And I know every boat , motor and prop are all different in some way so all set up will not be alike. I have run bullets for over 20yrs and I am currently running a ALLISON w/300xs so I understand all the trial and error and time it takes to set up a boat. I was just asking Altro Cat and every one else that has similar set up about how they run so I will have a rough idea what I should be looking for and expecting.