Never Know Who You're Talking To

Met a guy at the lake the other day that was in an older Norris craft. He came up and was admiring my boat and started talking about fast boats. He mentioned Allison and bullet and I mentioned strokers. He says strokers really aren't that fast, a lot of guys on the internet make up the speeds but when you get around them at the lake they never run like they say. I just let him talk and it was kind of amusing. I asked him how fast his boat was and he said he has his fishing prop on and it would only run mid 80's. But with his 26 chopper it would run 90. Older 20' Norris craft with a 200 Johnson. Not that I know everything about strokers, bullets, Allison, or Norris crafts but I have owned them all and know enough to know this guy was FOS. But it's good hearing some of the bs people think they know. Lol

always fun to listen to "that guy" stick his foot in his mouth. This one being extra funny with him being a hypocrite... saying Stroker owners exaggerate but his 200 will run 90
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Member
    So what boat you running this month Greg??you need to get back in a Stroker!!

4. Member
    Still running my super pro and enjoying it. May be back in a stroker one day but I'm fine right now. I always say, a stroker is like the police, there's never one around when you need one. lol

5. Member
    Lots of these guys with older boats are reading there speeds from the speedo. My 99 Tr-21 would read like 90mph on the speedo, but i was going 70.

6. Member
    Cant count how many 90mph boats I have passed at 75
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

7. Member
    I don't have much of that problem in NM as most of the rigs run between 60 & 67. Most cringe when I pass them by 20+mph and not many question me unless they don't know me or the boat. Tournament morning is pretty cool.

8. Member
    It’s a shame you just can’t ever catch those guys on a day that their boat is running “right” lol. Always seems to be a little something not acting right on their boat “that day”
    Fitzgerald Rods

Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    Cant count how many 90mph boats I have passed at 75

After they swear no one will pass them today

10. Member
    Ha! Never seen a stroker that couldn't haul lol. Some just don't know.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Gore Ar. View Post
    Ha! Never seen a stroker that couldn't haul lol. Some just don't know.
    Mine won't , lol. I need a new motor BAD!
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

12. Member
    Funny, have had the same thing happen plenty. Also had some folks who really knew performance boats stop to admire and have a good conversation. Most recently a gentleman in a spotless clean newer Gambler on Ray Hubbard in Dallas. Admired his choice of ride as well.