Asking for a friend on facebook

I’m not really up to speed and trying to find him some answers. Does he have any options?

Hello all. I'm looking for some advice integrating a tablet with my fish finder. I have a small Garmin Echomap 54cv in my console, and I would like to show the nav on the unit and sonar data on the tablet. It does have NMEA 2000 and 0183 connectivity. I have been slogging through the interwebs and am finding more questions than answers. If I get an NMEA xxxx to WiFi adapter, can I just connect the tablet via Wifi and see the data, or do I need some sort of app on it? does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The only units that i know that connect to a tablet/phone to view is the 7xxx/8xxx GPSMap series.......you have to use the Active Captain app for that and i am not sure if he can just view it or can also control unit from tablet.....hopefully someone else will chime in that knows more than me.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Has to be a GPSMAP unit to do that. The ones you mentioned plus others. I've done it on 942xs, 1042, and 1242. Some of the older GPSMAP units may not do this.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Even with the GPSMap series, you cannot have the sonar screen on the tablet/phone while the MFD shows maps or vice versa. The tablet or phone will only mirror exactly what is showing on the MFD screen at that moment.

You have the option to allow the tablet/phone to control the MFD - or not, but both will always show the exact same screen..
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

5. Member
    Will mirroring be allowed on tge new ultra units?

6. Member