Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is it considered poor form.....

To get up and and walk after your grandson’s name has been called for his 5th grade commencement, since he was in the first group called and there are a bunch after him?

asking for a friend mind you.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

Sit in the back and nobody will know. I bet the kids in the last group would feel bad if most everyone got up and left.

3. Banned
    Kinda like leaving mass before the announcements

If your grandson was last, would you feel ok if he walked in front of an empty auditorium?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

5. Member
    Yes, and sets a poor example.

I’m only joking you old farts. I was hungry and light headed. I sat through all those funny names and clapped my ass off for all of them.
    is sarcasm to be placed on the endangered species list soon?
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

If you're one of those folks wearing stinky overalls, the people around you will appreciate it if you leave early. Otherwise, it's impolite to the graduates. I sat through my niece's HS graduation, so you can do it too!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

a 5th grade diploma will get you nothing but a hot cup of jack squat in this world so I would say not bad form at all to leave early.

Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    I’m only joking you old farts. I was hungry and light headed. I sat through all those funny names and clapped my ass off for all of them.
    I had a feeling you were joking but this reminds me of what used to happen at my daughters elementary school. Any time there was a chorus or band concert it started with the younger kids then worked into the older grades with each group having their songs to perform. When each grade was done, those kids and their parents would just up and leave to where all that was left was the 8th grade and their families. Quite rude and embarrassing. And the people would make a hell of a racket leaving while the next group was trying to get ready to perform. The whole performance was an hour or less but these people couldn't stick around that long. The band teacher finally started planning the final song to include all of the kids so everyone would be present through the whole show.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

The fact that there is even a fifth grade commencement is questionable. Participation trophy along the way. Didnt have that shit back in the day. Now I guess its a staple
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    Nice try at a recovery...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Yep - What's next? A 5 consecutive year certificate for not pooping your pants at school?? Heck let's just give them all a trophy for waking up and breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    The fact that there is even a fifth grade commencement is questionable. Participation trophy along the way. Didnt have that shit back in the day. Now I guess its a staple

Quote Originally Posted by BCapes View Post
    Yep - What's next? A 5 consecutive year certificate for not pooping your pants at school?? Heck let's just give them all a trophy for waking up and breathing.
    Yep, one of my Granddaughters had her 5th grade graduation yesterday. We never had that at that age.

14. Member
    some things u just gotta sit there and take like a man

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Kinda like leaving mass before the announcements
    We called it dine and dash. The church here is a little smaller so it's hard to do.

I've never been to a commencement for anything lower than 12th grade. I kinda think it's a celebration of mediocrity at the lower level. But I have seen some kids that should be dang happy they made it through 5th grade....

16. Member
    I sat through an hour and a half kindergarten graduation for my wife's great nieces. Didn't know another kid there. Sometimes you have to sacrifice.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by BCapes View Post
    a 5th grade diploma will get you nothing but a hot cup of jack squat in this world so I would say not bad form at all to leave early.
    The world is going to hell in a handbasket when they start selling coffee to 6th graders........

18. Member
    Stand up puke all over and shit your pants. No one will mind you walking out.

What was his major?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Didn't have the internet back in your day, But you seem to being doing fine with it. Things change, learn to change or go to the wayside like many things.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast