Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Yea that was a HUGE change that YouTube did several years ago with how people can earn money, it's not just the views that matter, it's the watch time. The better your watch time percentage, the more money you can make. There was a period of time where YT was plagued with "reply girls" just piggybacking off of the biggest videos of the day/week, and they were making obscene amounts of money. YT found that their watch time percentages were less than 1%, because young kids were just clicking the video to see well endowed girls wearing super low cut tops, then closing the video right away. The downside to this change though is that it also completely destroyed any channels doing like cartoon type videos and stuff, the really high effort videos that take a month or so to make. So many channels disappeared from that change, it sucked.

And thank you! Been in the YT game for 10 years now, started in gaming and got burned out on it. Wife bought me a GoPro when I stopped the gaming thing and I just started making fishing videos one day and stuck to it. I have fun with it, it gives me a creative outlet that I need, because my job certainly doesn't do that for me.
    Go find stuff underwater! Sounds like the same path DallmyD took! crazy what ONE video can do for you!

good luck, and Ill watch....just dont tack on those minute plus ads! aint nobody got time for that lol

2. Member
    So this is a channel kinda similar to robs (lunkerstv) lunkers is a little but this is a real example of how much they actually make skip to 4:00 to see the amount of money earned per video

3. Banned
    smh. why cant i be better looking and interesting?! good stuff for these dudes!

4. Member
    Looks like I will have to order some bandito bugs to try out

Btw if you watch youtube and like Jacob Wheeler, Dustin Connel, and mark daniels junior check out the weight series on the Googan channel only thing I watch on that channel

Heres think link
    Last edited by Ebain; 05-22-2019 at 07:43 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    smh. why cant i be better looking and interesting?! good stuff for these dudes!
    I hear ya.. My talents just end up costing me $$

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Something else ive seen trending is people who have a large following starting multiple channels or a separate channel for their spouse. I cant personally grasp why people want to follow around people in their regular every day lives. But hey if thats your thing more power to you. If I had a big following I would leverage it to the max as well. I cant remember who I saw a few weeks ago but they were worried about YouTube doing away with monetizing fishing vids hence the multiple channels.
    I agree to a point, in that I personally would never want to do something like that, and neither does my wife. But I can see why some people are into watching more personal life/vlog style videos like that. There's only one person/channel I've ever enjoyed watching that type of stuff from. The guy is quite the entrepreneur, completely self built from doing something fun/creative with a passion project when he was younger, and just stuck with it because that's what he loved. Tried to make it part of his daily life, and he did. Did a lot of work himself, and worked with the right people to help him build it as well. I look up to this guy in a lot of different ways with what he has accomplished, so I really enjoy those vlog type videos where I get to listen to him talk more about what he did, how he did it, and why.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    These guys have followed a very simple business model and applied it to the social channels of today. Build a fanbase on a content platform (YT) and move the fanbase to another content platform (IG) and continue to build out while garnering sponsor/influencer partnerships. Once you've got scale, drive products through the channels. Simple deal but not easy to pull off. They've put in the work and once they all partnered and created the Googan platform they hit another level.

Doesn't matter if the older demo doesn't get it or like it, they're here and making real money.

Back on topic we have no idea on the baits. Lol.

8. Member
    He's an outlier though. An outlier of outliers. yea there's plenty of money to be made, but the vast majority of your news articles that will pop up in the top 10 of your Google search results are only going to focus on the outliers, the top like 0.05% of YouTubers for that "wow" factor in their articles.

The reality for many other YouTubers is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower than significantly lower than what those top tier content creators make.

For the Googan's, JonB is the most successful of them, and is averaging a little over 7.7 million views a month. Thanks to things like AdBlock, he's probably only getting paid on 50-60% of those views (that's average), but is also probably making somewhere along the lines of $20 per thousand views. I'm basing that last figure off of lowly channels like mine and others in the same tier as me, making about $6 per thousand. You get paid a premium from advertisers when you're at the top of a category like these guys are. Realistically, JonB himself is making close to $500k a year just from his own personal channel. Maybe more if he does any special advertisement deals with specific companies, don't know though, don't watch his channel. But doing stuff like that is pretty common now for channels his size.
    Thats who I watch the most/longest he's from close by fished the same areas so thats what piqued my interest. Its very nice seeing him make it.

9. Member
    I agree to a point, in that I personally would never want to do something like that, and neither does my wife. But I can see why some people are into watching more personal life/vlog style videos like that. There's only one person/channel I've ever enjoyed watching that type of stuff from. The guy is quite the entrepreneur, completely self built from doing something fun/creative with a passion project when he was younger, and just stuck with it because that's what he loved. Tried to make it part of his daily life, and he did. .
    Out of curiosity who might that be ?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Out of curiosity who might that be ?
    Rob Bailey, owns Flag nor Fail clothing brand and a few other businesses. Just a couple of the dozen things he's involved in.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I swore I'd never buy googan baits cause frankly since they became the googans I can stand them. (liked some of there individual channels before they went all googan) however I broke down and bought 3 packs of trench hawgs tried them out the other day in flipping some clear water sight fishing , I can honestly say I've never seen a bass hold on to a soft plastic bait so long, spit it out grab it again and hold onto it. They are soft and tear easily but they smell great and it's obvious the bass think they taste dam good to. Now these were buck bass and I was experimenting so didnt set the hook on a few just to see how they reacted and how long they would hold onto the bait, I was shocked honestly. Will I buy more? Based on my findings hell ya, will I like knowing I'm giving googans my money..I'll hate every min of it.

12. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    I bought some gummy worms at the bulk food store. Texas/wacky/Ned all worked for me, and I got to eat them when they wore out!

Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I swore I'd never buy googan baits cause frankly since they became the googans I can stand them. (liked some of there individual channels before they went all googan) however I broke down and bought 3 packs of trench hawgs tried them out the other day in flipping some clear water sight fishing , I can honestly say I've never seen a bass hold on to a soft plastic bait so long, spit it out grab it again and hold onto it. They are soft and tear easily but they smell great and it's obvious the bass think they taste dam good to. Now these were buck bass and I was experimenting so didnt set the hook on a few just to see how they reacted and how long they would hold onto the bait, I was shocked honestly. Will I buy more? Based on my findings hell ya, will I like knowing I'm giving googans my money..I'll hate every min of it.
    do the karls club, and like someone mentioned earlier do it now cuz the sales are on! I bought 30-40 packs, just at the 30% off...and still feel like I did good for what I got. Give the hoss craws a shot too if you need to stock up on rage craws. I think with the club, current sale and a 10% off code someone mentioned in here a 7 pack of rage flanged baits in a clamshell for under $2.

I agree on your review on the plastic too. I think they tried to go more yamamoto then zoom in that regard. Scent is good....but theyre too juicy imo. I dont like that stuff getting all over me...but thats basically my only complaint!

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post
    I bought some gummy worms at the bulk food store. Texas/wacky/Ned all worked for me, and I got to eat them when they wore out!

i think the googan squad has prolly made a video on that! I actually think every youtube fishing channel has hahaha

15. Member
    I remember watching Jon B and Flair years ago, when they were just little shrimps. The other user said it right. These guys have been making fishing videos for years, since they were children. They did it just for the love, and they probably would've kept doing it, money or no money. 1rod1reel is another pretty successful dude. Before he quit the Googan Squad he had the highest view count. The only person that rubs me the wrong way is lunkerstv. Successful no doubt, but he feels fake. He didn't come on until much later and I feel like he just piggybacked off of the other's success.

16. Member

This is one of his first videos. He's like 13 year sold. You can't hate on passion and a grind from a young age.

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    I remember watching Jon B and Flair years ago, when they were just little shrimps. The other user said it right. These guys have been making fishing videos for years, since they were children. They did it just for the love, and they probably would've kept doing it, money or no money. 1rod1reel is another pretty successful dude. Before he quit the Googan Squad he had the highest view count. The only person that rubs me the wrong way is lunkerstv. Successful no doubt, but he feels fake. He didn't come on until much later and I feel like he just piggybacked off of the other's success.
    I would tend to agree I respect his service to our country and freedom however that's where it ends with that guy. I was a flair and Jon B fan back when they first started..when the were not puppets of big industry, but that's how ya make money so I get it. Big money ruins most.

18. Member
    Rob is actually pretty genuine, little more mellow than on the camera Rob.

I do have a question so do the googan's own favorite rods now? Before it was owned with a guy in MO named winston and now you never hear about him.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    Rob is actually pretty genuine, little more mellow than on the camera Rob.

I do have a question so do the googan's own favorite rods now? Before it was owned with a guy in MO named winston and now you never hear about him.
    I dont think so. I think they might have brought them back from the dead but I dont think they totally own Favorite.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I swore I'd never buy googan baits cause frankly since they became the googans I cant stand them.\.
    I am the same way but I needed some rages craws for this year and that Karls Bait and tackle deal gave me 40 percent off on their baits, So I said to hell with it and grabbed 15 packs, I'll admit, they do have some good looking colors. I also grabbed 4 packs of trench hawgs because they do look like a good bait. I still will not buy them at full price though....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast