Chequamegon Bay??

I’m going to be up in Ashland in a couple of weeks for two days and plan on fishing the Bay. If the wind doesn’t cooperate to fish the sloughs on the east side of the Bay, is it worth it to trailer to the Washburn area. From google maps it looks like there could be some decent areas around the marina over that way. Anyone with any experience fishing there??

2. Member
    I am up there now. Weather sux and the Bay is so muddy it is unbelievable. Mud pushes out to Long Island. Even muddy at Madeleine Island. It will be weeks to clear.
    \"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.\" Thomas Jefferson

3. Member
    Sucks to hear that the Bay is blown out. Are you just fishing inland lakes now instead?

4. Member
    I hope it’s good by June 9th
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

5. Member
    It might be muddy, but the fish will still bite; you just may not be able to sight-fish is all.

Buddy of mine Nate Baron is a guide up there and the bite is on right now. I'll be up there in a few weeks and can't wait!!!!

7. Member
    Update on fishing up there? Actually heading that way this weekend to camp on the islands

8. Member
    I was up there for about 4 hours last Tuesday. First time fishing there. We caught 10-15 decent smallmouth in Sand Cut. Water was still pretty dingy though I’m not sure what the normal water clarity is. The Bay itself was dirty though. We caught our fish on transition areas where the sand and weeds met. Our fish came on drop shots and Ned rigs. We met another boat from our group there that fished it the previous day. Pretty much the same luck for them. It was a quick bucket list stop before we went to the Hayward area. Good luck over there. I’d think a guy could get a topwater bite going now if the weather is stable

9. Member
    Any shore spots in the area? Not going to be dragging my boat up that way

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilwaukeeBassers View Post
    Any shore spots in the area? Not going to be dragging my boat up that way
    I think there are a couple of places closer to town where you could fish off of shore, but nothing in the traditional smallie areas of Sand Cut