Thread: Trailer

Trailer

Guys I was checking to see if anyone could help me out with a question. I have 06 294 that is currently setting on tandem axle trailer but the front axle is bent which is not that big of a deal but also my surge breaks locks up when backing up low grade hill. Looked on Facebook marketplace and found this trailer 17 Lund 21 ft long just checking to see if you guys knew if my boat would be fine on this trailer. Can’t find a factory Stratos trailer you all probably done asked your self that question lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes I'm accused of making things more complicated than need be - but my observations to your seemingly simple question....

1- length of hull versus length of trailer frame
    2- placement of winch stand
    3- width of hull versus space between trailer fenders
    4- height of bunk stanchions relative to design of boat hull
    5- lateral spacing between bunks and strakes
    6- positioning of bunk ends relative to transom
    7- positioning of axles relative to front-rear balancing proportion

If I worked at it, I could think of more concerns - these are off the top of my head.

It's very helpful if you have a degree of accessibility to a wide range of toolage or have people. Need a modicum of mechanical thought process too, 'cause you WILL need to change something before you can properly load the boat on a trailer NOT originally tailored to it.

Is there a reason you don't fix/replace the bent axle on the trailer you HAVE? Surge brakes will do that - its the nature of their mechanism....use the lock-out.

Like he said, buy or fix the axle and get the brakes fixed, it's not that hard. This of course is dependent on if the frame is still solid???
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Seems to me it would be thousands cheaper to fix ur current trailer, pending its not on its last leg. Surge breaks require the truck to send a positive signal when in reverse otherwise they will engage. either fix whats wrong ur use the lockout pin its a few bucks online.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax