Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

20ft deep-49th Classic Documentary

Just got done watching this as background noise. and the little I was able to pay attention....these dudes loved BASS. Sucks business got in the way. There will never be another classic any way you slice it. Shoot, even next years Classic isnt gonna feel as Classic-y.

Gonna rewatch the whole thing tonight cuz it was a good one.

Last edited by dmc575; 05-21-2019 at 12:53 PM.

I shall watch it now. finished it, it was alright
    Last edited by Fishysam; 05-21-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    Just got done watching this as background noise. and the little I was able to pay attention....these dudes loved BASS. Sucks business got in the way. There will never be another classic any way you slice it. Shoot, even next years Classic isnt gonna feel as Classic-y.

Gonna rewatch the whole thing tonight cuz it was a good one.

What do you mean there will never be another classic?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos273v View Post
    What do you mean there will never be another classic?
    Since the best talent is now at MLF

Great Video and Bassmaster Classic real be always #1

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Since the best talent is now at MLF
    Yup. Any way you look at it next years winner isnt gonna be seen in the same light as Defoe, J.Lee or the other winners are today. Theres a good chance its a total no name who no one has ever heard of, which is great....but not as great when its a no name winning amoung a group of no names.

Now with that being said I can see it regaining its prestige in a few years once all the dust settles and names become more household. But it still wont be "THE CLASSIC" in the sense that we have all universally viewed that tourney before the whole BPT shake up this year. At least in my opinion.

7. Member
    BTL does good stuff. I didnt think it was one of their best 20 Foot Deep episodes but it was good. Definitely worth the watch.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    BTL does good stuff. I didnt think it was one of their best 20 Foot Deep episodes but it was good. Definitely worth the watch.
    steve kennedy one was great! any other ones you recommended? I thought they did good capturing the emotion. I was surprised to see a young guy like wheeler tearing up so much.

Yup. Any way you look at it next years winner isnt gonna be seen in the same light as Defoe, J.Lee or the other winners are today. Theres a good chance its a total no name who no one has ever heard of, which is great....but not as great when its a no name winning amoung a group of no names.

Now with that being said I can see it regaining its prestige in a few years once all the dust settles and names become more household. But it still wont be "THE CLASSIC" in the sense that we have all universally viewed that tourney before the whole BPT shake up this year. At least in my opinion.
    In the 80’s, 90’s & 20’s all Pros thought WTF are all these young guns during that time and 2019 & beyond will be the same..

10. Member
    steve kennedy one was great! any other ones you recommended? I thought they did good capturing the emotion. I was surprised to see a young guy like wheeler tearing up so much.
    My favorite was the one with "Robert Hamilton Jr". I think its called Dancing with the devil. Thats probably my favorite.

The Steve Kennedy one was also a good one. Million Dollar Idea was as well. They are all good to be honest.

The BassMaster’s Classic will always be the “Classic”. Just like players and teams come and go but, the Super Bowl will always be the Super Bowl.
    I get why many of the big name pro anglers left BASS, but they did, in fact, move on to MLF. Now, the Classic will have new players.
    It’s still the Classic. The biggest event in bass fishing. I’ll be watching.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

12. Banned
    players coming and going, and new blood is completely different from what happened to BASS. Theres a reason why they made a documentary about this one and not the 48th, 47th, 46th, etc... Classic. What happened to BASS is unique and pretty sure unseen in any major sport. They had the stat at the end of the video saying 36 out of 52 of the anglers left to MLF, and thats almost 70%. If 22 out of the 32 NFL teams left the NFL its not unreasonable to think itll have less viewers and also less prestige cuz of that fact....especially when you factor in that 22 out of those 22 that left were some of the better teams in the league.

Dont really wanna debate this too much more, cuz I see how south these MLF vs. BASS type things go. Its almost as bad as talking about religion or politics. Politics is still banned here?....we should ban MLF threads! HAHAHA

I'll still pay attention to the Classic, but no doubt it has lost some star power.

Cool video. Enjoyed seeing all the "behind the scenes" clips. Even got to see my ugly mug in the splash well during the day 1 weigh-in

15. Banned
    There’s been plenty of “no names” that have won the classic and when they won, it’s always been less than stellar excitement to the fishing world. First one in my head was Cliff Pace, nobody cared when he won. There’s still quite a few guys with names left at BASS, there’s many guys in the MLF that I have never heard of too.

16. Member
    The classic will still be the classic. Theses new guys are a lot better than people think and will put on a great show. A few are already taking over the spotlight. It was cool to see the emotion from some of the ones that left but dont let the door hit you on the way out lol

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    There’s been plenty of “no names” that have won the classic and when they won, it’s always been less than stellar excitement to the fishing world. First one in my head was Cliff Pace, nobody cared when he won. There’s still quite a few guys with names left at BASS, there’s many guys in the MLF that I have never heard of too.
    Yeah ol' Cliff can rain on any parade.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    The classic will still be the classic. Theses new guys are a lot better than people think and will put on a great show. A few are already taking over the spotlight. It was cool to see the emotion from some of the ones that left but dont let the door hit you on the way out lol
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

19. Member
    I thought they did an excellent job on the video.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

20. Member

Really no names just like: Haines, Elias, Chancellor, Reed, Kerchal, Daves, Yelas, Clausen , Mitchell, Hamilton, Ducket and oh yeah and Iconelli . Just to name a few.....it is the Classic and it makes them and their careers. All of these fine folks were no names at one time jus sayin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast