Panama City--family trip-ideas-reccommendations

The wife, 11 YO, daughter and I are going to PCB in the middle of June-3 nights--we gonna be staying in some condo (forgot the name of it) close to St. Andrews St Park--any good rec's on nearby eateries and shops?

2. Member
    Capt. Andersons always popular for seafood, if you don't mind waiting in a huge line and have the money. Pier Park farther down the beach (west) has everything you need, though. Lots of shops and eateries down that way.

Pier Park. Putt Putt. Fish off the peir or pay a few dollars to walk out and see what others are catching. If it is still there try Muy Waynos tex/mex. The brisket burrito is awesome..

The park has good,safe snorkeling, if I remember incoming tide is clearest
    Mike Wright '07 Ranger 520vx
    Henrico Va./Henrico NC.

5. Member
    On that end of the beach you've got to hit Schooners. Go early for dinner before the nighttime crowd gets going. If your a steak lover, Angelos is another must do. Pier Park is a good place to go walk off your dinner. I'd take back beach road to get there. It will be traffic, but nothing like the stop and go on the Strip.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Pier Park. Putt Putt. Fish off the peir or pay a few dollars to walk out and see what others are catching. If it is still there try Muy Waynos tex/mex. The brisket burrito is awesome..
    Muy’s is awesome. Great folks running it and awesome food.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    On that end of the beach you've got to hit Schooners. Go early for dinner before the nighttime crowd gets going. If your a steak lover, Angelos is another must do. Pier Park is a good place to go walk off your dinner. I'd take back beach road to get there. It will be traffic, but nothing like the stop and go on the Strip.
    +1 For Angelos. Family and I will be there the 8th through the 15th
    Jason Henson
    2018 Phoenix 721 Pro xp Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Angelo's Steak Pit for a great steak. First ate there several years ago and still buy their steak spices to grill steaks at home

A little expensive but worth it. They have a web site you can check out.

9. Member
    Being from there and still having most of my family in the beach, downtown area... I avoid it like the plague.

Best kept secret is Orange Beach, Al.

Go over by the paper mill in Panama City and see what a Cat 4-5 hurricane does to a place. Looks like Haiti.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

11. Member
    Hunt's Oyster Bar and Seafood is my favorite. The fried chicken is to die for at Wicked Wheel next to the big Walmart. They say the catfish is great there too, haven't tried it, too busy with the chicken! Lol

12. Banned
    Not sure what condition it is in but Mexico beach just the other side of the Airforce base was the beach to go to. A lot less crowded and more shells.

13. Banned
    The hurricane actually blew the bull over at Angelo's.