Banned

Question 112 Minnkota fortrex to MG X5 105

John and others please weigh in. I have a 2017 Minnkota 112 and it's just too loud. I am sick of the popping. This 112 has been worse than any of the prev fortrex I have owned. The 80 was not as bad. Granted both trollers have issues and I just do not care for the ultrex. I am the minority I know.

The warranty fixes do not correct the issue. Yes silicon spray on the spring can help some. A buddy of mine has a X5 105 and really has good things to say about it other than no lift assist.

Will any of the fortrex holes line up on the new MG x5 mount?

Any other info will be appreciated, Thanks
    Last edited by jbtriton80; 05-21-2019 at 02:48 PM.

2. Member
    Shouldn’t be a problem. I put an X-5 where my Fortrex was mounted and was able to use a couple of the holes. Drilling new ones was involved though. It made the back of my boat a little wetter because of the weight difference

3. Banned
    What is the weight difference? I would think the MG is lighter than the MK.

4. Member
    Not sure exactly, but the MG is a whole bunch lighter. With the Fortrex I could stand on a Dry jack plate, with the Motorguide, that jackplate was about two inches in the water.

5. Member
    The Fortrex can use the same holes as a Motorguide, but that isn't always true for a Motorguide to use the same holes as a Fortrex.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]