Thread: Lake Henderson

Lake Henderson

I’ll be joining the crowds this weekend and fishing Henderson on Saturday. I’ve never fished this area before, so I was curious if anyone would mind sharing info on lake levels, things to avoid, good websites to check out, etc.. I just want to make sure I know what to look out for, if anything. Thanks in advance!

I was out there about a month ago. Nice lake, Just follow the boats around.

3. Member
    Nothing in your way you wont hit anything. I have been doing good in the area around the bike trail.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

Lake Henderson up on Tsala Apopka Chain? There are couple of guys in here that fish that chain pretty regular. Maybe one of those guys will chime in. I haven't been out there in about 8 months.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

5. Member
    Thanks for the info so far. Good to know that it should be relatively safe running around (of course not doing something dumb).

Ive never fished the Tsala Apopka chain, but it’s close to where I live now (Trinity, FL). I’ll let y’all know how I do and PM you details if you’d like. Just let me know.

6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post

Hope you're doing well Lew!!!!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post

Hope you're doing well Lew!!!!
    I AM...

Danke Schoen

Re: the phrase "I Am..." (sadly Diogenes never moves from His spot...)

9. Banned
    It should also be noted: Any time the wind switches after a couple of days; hit the side of the 'new wind' on the main body.. (e.g. Westerly; Westerly; Westerly---> Southerly)

Best of Luck

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have found that to be very true on Henderson Lew! I haven’t been to your neck of the woods in a couple months but around me they are schooling like bananas! Are they doing it in Henderson and LLH right now?

Around me they’re schooling in “same size” packs. 1-2 pounders, 3-4 pounders and even the 5+ are sticking together pretty tight right now.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    I’ll be in the area this week too, I’m from Tampa but now live in Alabama, would you locals recommend the Tsala Apopka chain or Lake Rousseau?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcawthon View Post
    I’ll be in the area this week too, I’m from Tampa but now live in Alabama, would you locals recommend the Tsala Apopka chain or Lake Rousseau?
    I've been Fishing all around Lake Henderson and haven't been to Rousseau since last Spring Here is what I can recall as it relates to Rousseau *Watch out for stumps if You go there.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=985460

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I have found that to be very true on Henderson Lew! I haven’t been to your neck of the woods in a couple months but around me they are schooling like bananas! Are they doing it in Henderson and LLH right now?

Around me they’re schooling in “same size” packs. 1-2 pounders, 3-4 pounders and even the 5+ are sticking together pretty tight right now.
    You 'may' recall a thread recently in where a question was raised re: Schooling Bass?

My experience on Hendo as it relates to Schooling Bass has shown the most aggressive fish (smaller) are the 'attackers' (Froshmen) the 3-4 lbers. 'defense' (Sophomores) and a few Juniors mixed-in, the hungrier ones. The Seniors are at the bottom, this is where a HEAVY Football jig w/floating worm and even a Punching bait comes in handy. You can tell You're near when You feel 'hits' and chalk them up to Pickerel or similar, then they 'pack up' (strength in numbers) interestingly, both Prey & Predator are utilizing this instinct... Shit that makes You go hmmm...

I was going at a real good clip on Lake Henderson right near the 44 Ramp, just about where the buoy would be if'n it was still there and Pontoon Pete came ripping right through the mine field...

Proviso:

••• Your Mileage May Vary •••

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Pontoon Pete....I guess I haven’t been there in longer than I thought because the buoy was still there last time I was! No wake that close to shore!

I do remember that thread. Because of that info I put a spinning rod with a jig head and Keitech in my rod box last weekend. They all seemed to be running in like sized groups though. Had a great Numbers day Saturday chasing the schoolies around with a topwater and then trying to catch the bigger ones underneath but my results were very even.

Then again, they change every day don’t they!? I went expecting to wear out a jerkbait and threw a topwater til noon/93 degrees!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV