Missing my butt seat!

After years of having glass bass boats I got a deal last fall on a 2016 Mirrocraft 1685 Tin and finding I really miss having a leaning/butt seat up front, especially as much as this thing bounces around compared to glass. It has a Swivl-Eze 238 seat up front however the only adjustable post I can find that would go high enough seems a bit pricey, actually way more than it would be to buy a whole new base & hydraulic pedestal. Has anyone came up with an alternative or can recommend a brand to replace it???

2. Member
    The hydraulic pedestal is the expensive part. You can pick up plain butt seats pretty cheap at most Academy etc...

I’ve ordered plenty of new boats LOL. I think you are looking at giving them your old seat and pedestal plus another couple hundred for that upgrade. I normally order one for the back as well. The front is normally part of a package these days. I look at glass boats and droll until I see the MSRP and remember all the upkeep.

I have two butt seats and hydraulic pedestals on my RT188. The one in the back says BassCat on it, kept it from my last boat.

I do fish with a guy that prefers sitting down. It’s nice to be able to swap them out as needed.