1993 Nitro 2000 DC Livewell Leak. How the !@#%^ do you get at it?

Hi all. Have a new to me 1993 2000DC. Hoping someone here is familiar with these older models. I think they might have been made by Astro?

Livewell leaks into the bilge area via the drain fitting or hose (I can't tell). I want to change out the drain fitting, hose, valve, etc. with new just to be safe.

First I tried reaching the drain fitting from the battery compartment. It's too far forward for anyone but Plastic Man, or maybe Manute Bol.

Then I removed the seats and access panel behind them and tried to get at it from the front. The front gas tank leaves a space only a child's arm can fit in.

Short of hiring a very strong child who is deft with channel locks, is there a trick I'm missing? If I un-strap that front gas tank is it moveable maybe to give me a little more space?

Thanks in advance.

Get a circular saw...,,Nah I have no idea.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I actually had an Astro S-17B and had that exact problem. Found out the hard way while fishing. Turns out the fitting on the bottom of the livewell had gone bad. Like yours, it was way forward and difficult to get to from the bilge area. Had to take everything I could get out of the bilge and lay on my back (actually more on my head and shoulders) in the tiny bilge area, and reached as far as I could with channel locks. It worked, but wasn't easy and took a lot of time. You will need another person to reach into the livewell while you're upside down in the livewell, sweating like crazy to hold the other end of the fitting while taking it out/putting back in....good luck! You'll need it!