Mercury 150 OptiMax smart craft alarm

I am getting the nearest I can tell a over rev alarm off of my smart craft gage it seems to not be displaying the correct rpm. At idle it i displays 3300 plus rpm and when running across the lake it varies from the 3000 range to the upper 4000 range and the rpm gauge on the dash runs fairly steady and seems accurate. When running accepts the lake it will beep at me solid with a bell displayed until I back it of slightly then it goes away. Can I do a reset some how on the rpm portion of my control. Or does anybody else have any other ideas.

Welcome to BBC! Analog or SmartCraft Tachometer? Please include serial number for the experts.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

3. Member
    Do I read your condition correctly that your Smartcraft gauge is not reading rpm correctly but your "rpm gauge on the dash" (analog tach maybe?) IS? Which specific Smartcraft gauge do you have, there are several. See this topic to ID your gauge - SMARTCRAFT Options
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    Yes that is correct analog gauge is working right and smart craft is not. I believe it’s a smart craft 2.0. And my motor serial is OT774969

5. Member
    DBDEA546-1055-4A93-BE92-16326789EDC8.jpeg
    This is my gauge. Software is 2.0 and I took this picture with the engine off.

6. Member
    Smartcraft System Monitor. Believe the reset procedure is in the FAQ at top of 3L forum.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax