Helix 8 Mega GPS map question ?

Hey guys, A friend of mine just installed a Humminbird Helix 8 mega SI and when the GPS map is shown there are no water depth contours, just shows a solid body of water ??? Is there something that has to be set, what are we missing here ??

Thanks.
    2003 Lowe Stinger 170W - 2002 Mercury 75 HP ELPTO - Garmin Echomap 73sv - Lowrance Hook 2 - Minn kota Ultrex 80lb

2. Member
    Which map or card was being used and what body of water? Can depend on both and also whether Contour Lines setting (visible/hidden) was changed from the default setting of visible. There can be some bodies of water without any coverage or without contour lines even with latest mapping available.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply, I don't believe it came with a card and he didn't change anything. They are Upstate NY lakes that my Garmin shows but his Helix does not.

Thanks.
    2003 Lowe Stinger 170W - 2002 Mercury 75 HP ELPTO - Garmin Echomap 73sv - Lowrance Hook 2 - Minn kota Ultrex 80lb

4. Member
    Humminbird has only basemap preloaded. You must purchase either a Lakemaster or Navionics card to obtain contours. Do a little internet research to find out which card has the detail for the area you fish. Buy the card that best suits your needs.

5. Member
    Thanks for that info !

6. Member
    Make your own, much more accurate than outdated surveys.
    Please release me,let me go.