Thread: mcgregor area

mcgregor area

family recently purchased a cabin on minnewawa. I've been up there a couple of times now and have mostly fished the Mississippi or minnewawa for bass. Are there any other decent bass lakes in the area? Other than driving an hour south to mille lacs or an hour north to the Grand Rapids area

2. Member
    Nothing too exciting in that immediate area from what i've experienced. There's decent lakes to the SW a ways.

3. Member
    well that sucks. guess I'll just get a few extra props and stick to the river.

Dam lake looks good.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind...ownum=01009600

BTW, Like your name.

5. Member
    Dam used to have a lot of nice ones! Haven't fished it for quite some time, but it was always one of the better lakes in the area. Section 10/12 were also good.

Nothing wrong with Nord, Ripple, and some of those small lakes around there. Sometimes the landing might be a bit of a challenge, but go for it, there are big fish in them!

7. Member
    Big sandy has some big smallmouth in it - I don't know where or how to catch them, but I fished a tournament down there and it took a 4lb average to win - Aitkin lake has largemouth.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

8. Member
    interesting intel on Big Sandy. I knew smallies were in there but was always under the impression that they were more of a "bonus" rather than a fishable population

9. Member
    appreciate the info guys. sounds like a got a couple of lakes to give a try this summer.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmike View Post
    interesting intel on Big Sandy. I knew smallies were in there but was always under the impression that they were more of a "bonus" rather than a fishable population
    the most I ever caught in one day was 7. all from docks - 5 of them were over 3.5 - I also caught a 5.80 largemouth off of a log. I fished a tournament there a few years ago and if you had a limit you made top 5. top 3 teams had over 20, 4th place had 12 and 5th place was around 10.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums