Humminbird Upgrade

I am planning to upgrade from an 859 on the bow and a 899 at the console. Is there a benefit to getting 2 SI units instead of just one SI unit and 1 DI unit?

2. Member
    I am planning on getting 2 G2N units.

3. Member
    The benefit is having SI whether at the bow or console and not having a boat lengths offset if you share the views.

4. Member
    Will I have to get a different transducer for the trolling motor at the bow?

5. Member
    Depends on the unit you get. Some just use a different mount which you can buy separately at most retailers. Some have a different style TM transducer. Humminbird offers exchanges on transducers for a small fee provided you don’t open the one you have. They’re out of stock on pretty much everything though so your better off buying the right setup (bow or transom) at the point of sale.

There are aftermarket mounts available as well that allow you to mount a transom TD to a TM.

6. Member
    I will be getting 2 Humminbird HELIX 9 Mega SI G2N GPS units.

7. Member
    Then all ya need is the trolling motor adapter mount. No need to exchange TDs since they don’t make a separate mega si for trolling motors.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Humminbird-Ad-Mtm-Trolling-Motor-Adapter-F-Mega-p/hum740159-1.htm

https://www.russellmarineproducts.co...0159-1-hum.htm

8. Member
    Thanks for the help! Units and adapters have been ordered. Hoping for the best.